Login Create Account
hey so i was wondering what you guys thought
cjf20
i am pretty sure i am gonna try out for bluecoats after i graduate, do you guys think i should do it or look for another corp?
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
gcurrier
i sponsored a Bluecoat (one of my best friends) so I certainly say go for it if your looking to work hard yet be in a corps that wants to have fun and cares about their kids and the crowd. Thats NOT a slam to any other organization but clearly some places winning comes first other things fall into place---while blooo clearly wants to win--i think most important is helping the members get to THEIR personal best and highest potential while giving a very crowd pleasing performance. i know for the person I sponsored, it absolutely was life changing.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cire
You should try out before you graduate. If they are too far away, look for a smaller corps or even DCA. A few of us here have marched both and I can tell you that personally, in a lot of ways DCA was a LOT more fun than DCI.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Jhawk
I agree with everyone here try out before you graduate. You will learn so much just from one camp. Plus wouldn't you look silly if you tell everyone that you are going to march after high school and then find out that you still have so much to learn.
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
Yes DCA is a great way to prepare. I marched 3 years of DCA and will potentially going for Crown next season. Never hurts to try!
12 years later