Login Create Account
Game Update - 7/20/2010
mewtlc
i like the game idea
Pride of Bethune
20DM12
Dislike to the games idea, if you really have that little of a life go play wow or something
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
rtloveless
No, the games idea is bad. The way it is now is perfect. They may be people who are EXCELLENT at the games, and are only on like twice a week, their scores may be out of this world. Then the people who play constantly, but may suck at the games, get terrible scores, and have wasted a bunch of time and money.

The games could be good for forum awards, but not now or in the near future. I was part of a forum, and they had games. We had an RPG, and everyone refused to use the games as a source on money in the RPG, because people could abuse the games and get infinite amounts of money, therefore making them invincible. But like I said, forum awards, yes. Where you get a medal for having the Top Score. I think that should be it IF we were to incorporate games.
Ryan T. Loveless
Alex
 -infinity
I actually considered that for a while, like having to pick out errors in rehearsal with little games. Basically it just came down to the fact that it would've taken forever to make enough games for it to be fun.
Prof
I don't understand how the "games " would work so I'll keep my mouth shut about that, BUT........
and again, this is just thinking out loud.

In the real world, performance vs practice is something weighted pretty heavy that I don't see here.. I don't understand how computer programming is done so all I can offer is "possibilities" based on years of game playing old Avalon Hill board games etc.

WHat IF ?
You must have 400 energy at 7pm Eastern ( show time ) to be scored in the show you are scheduled to be in or you don't get scored. ( lets face it, if you don't have energy in a real show from working the kids too hard that day, you suck on the field ) Both time and energy management come into play.

This allows people to manage their contest time vs practice time and the rewards to a greater degree. Now, to keep people entering contests as much as possible,as opposed to spending all their time at practice and only entering regional events, offer caption awards such as:

Take high horns in 10 shows during the season and you get a horn endorsement for the next season ( the prize would be X number of points added to horn book just like a rank up or better kids at auditions via audition points, OR just like you have "skill" points, have management points)

Accumulate
Enter 10 non FMA shows and get 2 management ( or skill points )
Enter 15 non FMA shows and get 3 management ( or skill points )
enter 20 non FMA shows and get 4 management ( or skill points )

10 1st place finishes = 10 general audition points next season
10 1st place horns = 10 audition points in horns next season
10 1st place drums = 10 audition points in drums next season
same with all captions
Win a FMA regional and get X ammount of audition points for next season
( lets face it, most kids audition for the winners )

offer awards for the following once each season

1) Largest audiance at a contest gets 5 management points
2) most number of shows attended gets 5 management points
3) top 5 director level status gets 5 management points
4) ?
5) ?

Management points could be used just like skill points but on equipment rank ups ?
( I'm using horns as the example but could have rank ups in each caption )
5 management points spent on horn section upgrades ( gives you points in horn book)
20 management points spent on a complete set of new horns = + 2 points in brass

I'd need to sit down with paper and pen to work this all out but this gives you an idea of what I'm thinking. I have no problem working this out if there is a possible interest of this somewhere down the road, however, I'm afraid that most people would not want something this complicated no matter how realistic it may be.
Novak
Don't know if this was part of the update, but I noticed the new logo in the top left corner. Looks great!
20DM12
Haha, I just noticed that logo too
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
Alex
 -infinity
My wife said I should do something more colorful...so there ya go. :)
flute88
Oh good, it hasn't been there all along! I thought maybe I just hadn't noticed....
Knights Vanguard - Div II
Southmore Hill Royal Regiment - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Guard - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - Div I

Part of the FMA West Combine!
bando
It wasn't showing up for me until a few minutes ago, so I was confused when I read that the first time. Haha. Nice job.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ElktonEcho
nice update
rtloveless
prof, I don't think that's a good idea. It's not helping those who are doing bad. It's making the unbeatable bands, even more so unbeatable.
Ryan T. Loveless
starlight94
it could be use kind of like a "Warm-up"
Live for Guard.