Login Create Account
FIX GUARD
gcurrier
we have to do something about guard. Reset levels, add staff, something. So many groups are now maxed out that frankly it acts funny. We can't have 5 groups getting 100s but at the same time it's not fair to send people backwars after working so hard come finals either. The current set up is no longer viable and has lost its usefulness. If we don't do something now what will we do with drum corps marching band and percussion when they all catch up. This one is importation, the integrity of the game is at stake!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cire
May I suggest those scoring 100 to stop competing for a few seasons?

:)
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
saxamattone
Penalty for peaking early! Lol

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
My point is we will all get there with all leagues if we don't fix soon. We're already over 99 in drum corps.

gcurrier
Seems the system is not made for long term use lol

saxamattone
I know what you're saying. At some point soon the reward for skill points will need to be reduced and the potential for gaining points increased (staff levels etc)

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
If just not competing for a season or two would work, so be it, but it won't. It will only mean more people will be achieving the perfect season.

FastForward
As more groups achieve a perfect 100 we will see who wins !!! It appears that the FMA game gives the top spot (I.E. The 100 score) to the group with the highest total points once they max out at 100 & continue to rehearse. As a result, the other groups that were approaching 100 are then recalibrated to a score that is reflective of their total points earned through Influence, & rehearsing. The fact that groups that were close behind the leader when approaching a 100 receive a slightly reduced score is just a fact of the FMA game adjusting scores in context of the point leader.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
corndogshuffle
FF, I'm not sure I follow your post. Apologies if I'm just being ignorant.

Anyway, this really has to be fixed. It definitely isn't good for three groups to be tied with a 100 at the end of the season, but that is a much better result than making the top groups move backwards and allowing a group that was trailing all season to win.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
i think your off---this past season (and I am not just whining here--its happened to others too so I took my lumps) I came in with the highest score--i was the leader--as soon as I hot 100 (first) I started going backwards---as can be seen by my other groups I certainly didnt stop practicing and didnt miss time...how is that right? i actually think id gave been better off to miss a bit right before finals week to "catch up" but thats not reasonable for how the game should be played...what your suggesting happens would be a better alternative i think--but its not what happens over the last several seasons...its broken straight up

FastForward
I hear what your saying gcurrier. However, it might just be that you are not maintaing a balanced rehearsal approach by rehearsing all of the various captions. I obviously don't know if this is true or if the game simply reduces your 100 after you have reached that score level. Similar to the point penalty for not rehearsing at any point in the season.

I took a quick look at this past seasons Championships over the course of the Three nights & noticed that the groups that improved were the ones without a perfect score in any of the Four captions. However, groups that had maxed out their score in some or all of the captions were not able to maintain their maxed out score in succeding nights. The answer is to not max out your four caption scores until they can all be raised up together from one night to the next.

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
corndogshuffle
I think it simply reduces your score once a 100 is achieved too early. Without going into detail about what I mean by this, I can personally guarantee that my rehearsal schedule is always balanced with color guard.

The problem I have encountered is that generally I always have three captions at perfect score and one falling short by Finals week (typically Ensemble is the caption that lags). So (at least in the case of last season) I rehearse the caption that was falling short, and voila - that caption drops from a 19.955 on July 1st to a 19.630 on July 5th. Perfect scores in Equipment, Movement, and GE and I placed fifth with a 99.630 because my Ensemble score dropped by over three tenths of a point.

Instances like this have become the norm for me and I won't break down every season in this way, but trust me when I say I'm not bitter over losing - I just want to get a fair shake.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
corndogshuffle
Also it's not like I don't know how to achieve a 100. I had a three-peat with 100's in 28-30.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
gcurrier
nope--still doesnt match FF--i dont mind telling you what I did at all---when I get to 100 I switch to all Full Section - Equipment & Movement --thats as balanced between the 4 categories as you can get and I make sure to always pratice in time to only leave 100's of points, no extras. so i literally may have had 2 points left unused before finals. trust me if it happens to you you wont be impressed because there is no beating it and its not fair. My guard may hang it up because there is no sense working your butt off all season just to have a computer glitch screw you over in the last few days--this goes for at least 4 or 5 of us...there is no doubt in my mind I am NOT the one who has been screwed by this the most--its corndogshuffle...

gcurrier
and no one can claim that is league favortism amongst us, because he isnt even in a league for guard let alone mine!

FastForward
I will be going for score starting next season ... I will see if this ends up being an issue !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Whiskers14
Ok whoever scores 100 has to reset all of their bonuses and staff, they reset at d III corps lol
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline
bando
Popping up from the grave here, but why not just add a new division? If enough players are maxing out, that leaves plenty of room to put them in a division by themselves. Taking the top 20 players from Division 1 and bumping them up would make a lot of sense to me. If the new Division has a harder scoring set up, then that would also fix the max out problem.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
I would almost rather start over in Division III lol it has been more fun running my division II (now I) back up guard then my main account because of the issues...

I am also VERY good with that idea Bando!

corndogshuffle
Thanks for the nice words gc, nice to know I'm not just some crazy person who takes most things too seriously (that's probably true too).

I love the idea of an extra division, and I also would much rather just start over in Division III than deal with what's been going on the past couple of seasons.

Also, I kind of had the same thought as gc in regards to retiring my guard group. I'm probably going to retire the Ram Guard if they regress in Finals week again this season.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119