Login Create Account
We'll Never Be Royals (yet!)
RedEastMovement
When Royal Ticallion first arrived into the FMA scene, they had no idea what to expect in regards to all the expectations and resources required to be really good at this competition. Now that their excitement is somewhat more controlled and refined now, the group is now looking forward to taking a hiatus for the next two seasons or so and go on from there.

"Currently, we are looking to the veterans of this community to help us hone our potential talent and to model ourselves from the champions, and as we do so, we hope that one day, we can fill their shoes when the time is right."
-Band Director, Billiam Philips III
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
gcurrier
Don't be discouraged by how you may start. While money may go along way, nothing beats lots of practice, basically at least every six hours! I started my b group not that long ago and won several championships having started off those seasons not even in the top 12. Money is great but hard work wins championships no matter how many seasons you fundraise!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Jhawk
You should be able to medal in Div. III in your second season if you practice really well.
Ivory Brigade
corndogshuffle
You could probably Medal in Division III your first full season as long as you practiced consistently. That's what I did.

As has been said, nothing really beats consistent rehearsing. There are groups that start 10-15 points higher than other groups who end up 10-15 points behind at the end of the season. Why? One group only gains 0.200 points a day, and the other group gains 0.900 points a day. Having a great staff helps (gcurrier and I would get smoked by the top groups if we didn't have staff built up), but rehearsing is what really matters (gcurrier and I would get smoked by the top groups if had great staff but never rehearsed).
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
RedEastMovement
Thank you all for the replies. I'll put that on effect since Ticallion got smoked and was left in 8th place in our most recent competition e.e"
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS