Login Create Account
Does anyone else ride bikes?
cire
and no, I don't mean your training wheel bike Strad....

http://i.imgur.com/qahXSbg.jpg

I just picked up this Trek 1.2 it came with a nice Specialized Troupe saddle.. I added a computer, water, pump, lights and bag. I fit it, rides great from the very short ride I just had. Might switch out the Troupe for something else though.. don't plan on doing any racing with it, more for commuting and trails/exercise. My dad is big into bike racing in CA and has a racing team he runs and travels all over the state doing big races or something. This 1.2 is aluminum with carbon fiber forks so it's pretty light.. my dads bike is crazy light, he has some expensive Specialized that I think is basically all carbon fiber.. you could pick the thing up with your pinkie (2 fingers for you Strad)

Anyways, just curious if anyone else here rides?
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
cire
oh btw.. here is my other bike I got a few weeks ago that I'm learning to ride

http://i.imgur.com/hiCaCzI.jpg
Nakoda
i do rarely my height makes it a struggle
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
cire
they make bikes in different sizes :P
Kiowa
well i obviously don't know where to get tall people bikes lol walmart is the only place i ever seen sell them lol and....f that unicycle id never try it
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
cire
lol go to a bike shop or look on craigslist. walmart bikes are junk
Jhawk
I don't think I would take that Trek on any trails well any non paved trails. It looks like it is a hybrid bike not quite racing, but more advanced than a regular street bike.

I used to ride a Trek when I was going to college because hey I could save a great deal on gas if I just rode to school. Plus I didn't have to buy a parking pass. Only thing that I would say is watch for grates. I got pretty hurt riding mine when I rode over a grate that wasn't properly bike safe. My front tire got stuck in the narrow gaps between the bars and it flipped me over the handle bars. I got 2 cracked ribs and lots of nasty road rash.

Though that is less of a problem if you just stick to sidewalks.
Ivory Brigade
cire
it's a Trek 1.2 it the "low end" road bike. I was thinking of getting the brand new Trek that just came out but it was like $1600.. It's definitely a road bike, but not a $10,000 road bike that weights 8 ounces. lol you probably could do amateur/beginner races with the bike though.. guessing it's a decent starting bike.

I'm mainly just riding it to work and there are a crap ton of trails out here.
deadlybacon7
I've got a well-aged (but in great order) Kona mountain bike that my Dad gave to me when he got a new one. I'm not much of a biker myself, but I'll be damned if that isn't a quality bike. I've used it for both cross-country and downhill, and although it's not technically a downhill bike it works pretty well.

I mostly use it for transportation to and from band/guard though, so it doesn't get ridden too hard when I'm not on trails.
Director - Metal Marching Organization
Founder - WKGs
Founder - BoFe