Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: What kind of spread would you like?
Novak
Not many changes came in terms of overall rankings, but MAN did the spreads increase, especially in Division 3! Let's check out what happened tonight!

DIVISION I
1. Thunder - 62.485
2. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - 59.055
3, Big Bang Theory - 58.300
4. Marching Bureaucrats - 58.295
5. The Drumming Dummers - 58.130

As I said, the only thing happening in the top five tonight is some spreading. Thunder rocked the floor tonight at the Coastal Showdown, increasing their previous score by 1.525 points, and making the spread between first and second a whopping 3.43 points. As much as I want to see some competition in these ranks, I'm excited at Thunder's outstanding progress so far. And the overall score isn't the only stat to show their progress. They are first in every competitive caption, as well as tied for first in wins and first in director level. These guys are simply on a roll. It's up to the rest of the top five to reach the bar that Thunder has set so high! And the lines to attempt that will be Big Bang Theory and The Drumming Dummers, competing tomorrow at the Bang Bang show hosted by Good Stuff. Also competing is the Drummers Alliance, who are a mere .095 points from jumping over the Dummers and claiming their rightful spot.

DIVISION II
1. Line of Distinction - 57.275
2. The Thunder - 55.645
3. Nova Drumline - 54.970
4. Golden Sticks Percussion - 54.115
5. The Dragon Rabbits - 53.485

The only drumline to increase their score tonight was Nova Drumline, also competing and winning the Coastal Showdown for their division. They rose their overall score by .625 points. It might not have been the big jump that they were looking for, but it puts them farther ahead of Golden Sticks and gets them one step closer to The Thunder. They also continued to lengthen the gap between them and any other competitors in captions such as Visual Performance and Music Ensemble. One thing I overlooked last night while checking stats was the fact that BEECHES DRUM LINE does in fact hold a lead over Line of Distinction in wins having 8 to their 7. Competing tomorrow at the Bang Bang show is The Dragon Rabbits, a group that could very easily overtake fourth overall if they play their cards right.

DIVISION III
1. Thunder - 57.400
2. Pulse - 53.190
3. Music X Ensemble - 52.785
4. Sinisteria - 52.735
5. Battered Souls - 52.575

In last night's issue, I made a statement pertaining to Thunder making a "healthy jump" in their next show. Boy, did they do that, and then some. Striking the rest of the competition like lightning, they stormed Coastal Showdown and had no mercy, NEARLY sweeping all captions (Visual GE was the only caption not taken by them). With a very healthy jump of 2.08 points, they make the spread between first and second in D3 an astounding 4.21 points. At this rate, it might take a couple of shows for any other drumline to reach the level Thunder is performing at right now! In other news here, Pulse has also made their case, letting everyone know that they aren't any drumline to fool around with. Shoving the other drumlines out of they way, they took second at the Coastal Showdown, raising their overall score by 1.78 points and knocking Tap Dance out of the spotlight. Congrats to Pulse for making themselves known and leaving a mark in their first show since the 16th!

Well, that's all for tonight's issue of Drumline Daily. I hope you enjoyed, keep throwing down those beats and I'll see you all tomorrow!

QOTD: How big is the spread between you and the drumlines in front of or behind you?
FreakoftheArts73
4,21 points =)
-FotA73-
http://msgrantmusic.com
Drummantx
3.43. : D
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
lowbrass07
1.63 :D
Resilience (Drum and Bugle Corps)- D1
Shadows (Marching Band) - D1
Skyline (Winter-guard) - D1
The Thunder (Drum-line) - D1
FMA WEST
scooter92011
0.755 =D
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
abesimpson
0.040 in front of me, and tied with the one behind me.
If I can just stick my head in a show, that may change :)
DC - Gutwrencher Brigade
MB - Accounts Payable H.S.
CG - Gigantors
DL - Sticks & Stones
----Mid-Western/Kansas Division---