Login Create Account
Moving Up To Fast
Jhawk
Yup and you were so scared of my group at the start of the season and then my practice schedule had to change and I am still not used to it so I tend to get maybe 1000 points a day and fell from what should have been a great shot at a sweep to maybe not even medaling in all 4 areas.

So just like in real life things at the start of the season are not always what it will be at the end.

That being said toastycar you are right on my butt for my only gold medal chance this season with Drumline.
Ivory Brigade
Kiwidrummer
I think my reaction was only normal at the beginning of the season. If you compare all the visible stats, director rating, level, and influence, your numbers were overwhelming in comparison. While they do lay a foundation, the important numbers come from your challenge levels and how much you actually rehearse. There are still a few things that I'm not sure how they work, like can you over-challenge you're group to the point of not getting good scores due to the show being too difficult? Does practice follow real life model, ie, you have to learn the basics, the music, the drill, then build your GE scores or do the algorhythms just crunch the numbers no matter what order they were gained?

Anyways, the gap is just over a point now between us. Gonna be a close one. In drumlines, it looks like there will be a battle for 1st between you and Twisted Tomatoes, and a battle for 3rd between Black Beat NZ and Prosody. Should be a very interesting finish.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
ToastyCar
Haha Twisted Tomatoes. That is almost cooler than the actual name of my drumline! However the D2 indoor drumlins scores will be interesting. I do not know if I will be able to catch first place but it will be interesting to see.
Red Lightning Regiment | D2 World Champion (Season 37) & 2x Medalist
Atlantic Storm | 2x Medalist
Arctic Blast Winterguard | 1x Medalist
Twisted Tornadoes Drumline | 3x Medalist
Kiwidrummer
Hahaha, I just saw that. Glad ya like it Toasty. I must not be getting enough sleep. Correction - Twisted Tornadoes Drumline. Much apologies. Yes, DII Drumline will ne very interesting.

Best of luck over the next two days.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Making that final push...hmmmm. We just changed clocks last night with daylight savings here. Didn't lose an hour of rehearsal though as our daylight savngs aren't at same time as USA. So yah, instead of 12 noon for scores here, it is now at 1pm in New Zealand.
Jim Helsel
FinalFantasy
I'm so very ready for this season to end. I won't finish as well as I could have. During the preseason, I had to raise funds to host an event; thus, I lost many rehearsal points by losing 60 energy per hour to raise the funds. Obviously my scores would have been much higher without the campaigning. I rehearsed religiously sacrificing sleep to not miss any rehearsals every 5 to 6 six hours just to be tied for 6th .. ugh.. Sure, I'm a finalist, but that's not good enough :P I could be a contender for a medal, too. On the other hand, I had to sacrifice the points to host events. With that being stated, I'm ready for a fresh start. I just hope that it's not a fresh start in division 1.
FinalFantasy
P.S Kiwi, Ivory, Toasty, congrats on a great season :)
Jhawk
I'm surprised I didn't lose the drumline Gold I didn't get to practice at all for finals.
Ivory Brigade
ToastyCar
Well I had trouble practicing over the past few days. If I was serious I might of stolen that from you but i'll take silver
Red Lightning Regiment | D2 World Champion (Season 37) & 2x Medalist
Atlantic Storm | 2x Medalist
Arctic Blast Winterguard | 1x Medalist
Twisted Tornadoes Drumline | 3x Medalist
Kiwidrummer
Wow...DII across the board now. Reality check, scores are 3-4 points above last season's opener for us, which I think is good. Now the slow steady climb. We will get there...count on it.
Jim Helsel