Login Create Account
Fundraising vs Influence
Penny
Which is better to campaign with, influence or fundraising?
Kiowa
influence but doing it while competing hurts your chances at doing well. reason why is you can get your influence really really high then apply to your own competitions and make money off of that
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Kiowa
influence but doing it while competing hurts your chances at doing well. reason why is you can get your influence really really high then apply to your own competitions and make money off of that
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Jhawk
I mostly do fundraising myself, but I have done some influence. You need decent influence in order to make sure you get accepted to shows.
Ivory Brigade
Nakoda
yea thats why i have two accounts because once i get my influence high enough on the b account i won't use this one anymore
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
leggoreds
As a beginner account, I'm doing equal parts influence and fundraising. For one week, I'll turn the influence campaign on, and then the next week I'll switch it to fundraising. Also, as I plan on being quite active in rehearsals, I've maxed out my campaigns. This will be my first full season, so we'll see how everything plays out.

I did join and was able to enter a total of ten or so contests between my four groups in Season 36, two of which made Div III semifinals even though I didn't join until Week 4. With focus, you'll be just fine regardless.
cire
Fundraise. Influence will come regardless.. and most of the top groups do not worry about influence based on the fact that none of them have very high influence compared to the top influence groups
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
deadlybacon7
I've preferred influence in general. I usually make sufficient funds from shows I host to host another show and initiate serious staff upgrades. I like influence because it feels nice to be able to devote more starting points to any particular category at the beginning of the season. I'm generally pretty bad at boosting my GE, so I use a lot of influence points on it at the beginning of the season. The effect isn't huge in the end, but at the start of the season it can really put you ahead.
Director - Metal Marching Organization
Founder - WKGs
Founder - BoFe
saxamattone
What Cire said. Influence has little to no effect on your ability to be competitive.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
Jhawk
The only reason why I said to do any influence is to look better for getting into comps. I know I usually go by influence when I accept people into my shows. If you have at least 1000 that means, at least to me, that you will probly stick around. So I'm more likely to accept you into the show if I have left over spots from people over 10k influence.
Ivory Brigade
Penny
Interesting arguments for Both thanks friends.
cire
Influence mainly affects your ability to get into shows - basically the higher influence you have, the more money you are giving to your competition to help them get stronger.. so they will want to accept you to their shows.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"