Login Create Account
MDL-LC DL League
Kiwidrummer
I see a friendly little rivalry developing. Last season DIII, this season DII. Never saw my drumline achieving at this level when divisions were announced. At this rate, Black Beat NZ, Beatboxers, and Cymbalism will have their friendly little battles next season in DI. Ha, hope it's not as easy to get there as DII was. Don't think it's our year to take on Ivory Drums for the title, though we are gunning for an eye opening top 5 finish.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
FinalFantasy
It looks like you will beat us this season. I agree about division 1. Fundraising will be in order if I jump another division next season.
AAustin19
What the..? I just noticed, Kiwi, that our drum corps are both doing Bat Out of Hell. (face palm) Either great minds think alike or you're trying to show me up!! :)
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
AlanLovesMe
Kiwidrummer I had no idea we were rivals but now that I know I'm gunning for you (-8 jK - well, kinda kidding. Beatboxers beat me by .24 last season. Paybacks are a beyotch :P I'm really not as arrogant as I might seem.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kiwidrummer
Yeah, still don't agree with divisions this year. Would be in 2nd DIII, still out by 4 with current scores. I'll take 8th for now, only getting better.
Yes, looks that way FF, for now. You and ALM (AlanLovesMe) had me on your tails all year last season. TBH, I made a very rookie mistake during preseason this year. Spent all my money on staff, completely forgot scheduling my shows. I feel it's important to keep my groups on the court, so did the supporter pack route as an instant fundraiser. I see a lot of groups take a few seasons off to fundraise, increase stat pts, Me, I'm old school, the hard way. Earn my money from shows, my stat pts from practice. I place more value on exposure and consistancy.
Hey Austin, yes, BOoH has been a longtime dream of mine to put on the field. Here is a sample of a percussion rehearsal for ya...
http://www.soundcloud.com/kiwidrummer/let-me-sleep-on-it
Ah, I see, Flamtastic, though different league, are still in our "DIII Graduating Class", always competitive with us....yeah, you're part of this friendly little rivalry.
ALM, hahaha. Nothing wrong with arrogance, as long as it can be backed up. BRING IT!! Yes, you and Beatboxers were always close last season, me, a couple behind. We can only bring each other's performance levels up, so yeah. Let the fun continue...
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
I'll be damned...Black Beat NZ, Beatboxers, and Cymbalism...8th, 9th, and 10th, with Flamtastic in 12th in standings right now, all within a point of each other. Turn up the heat! We all will be good if we keep up the practices for a top 12 finish. I wonder how much challenge levels come into play in the scoring, especially later in the season as shows get cleaner. At present rate, you guys will pass me based on the gap getting tighter and tighter.

Hey Austin, you should consider bringing Flamtastic over to MDL-LC. Nothing like a tight pack to keep us on our toes.

As much as I like the league competitions, I also like the exposure of head to head inter-league competitions also.
Jim Helsel
AlanLovesMe
(evil grin) 0.015 ahead of you, Fantasy.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kiwidrummer
Oh...my fault. Yes, Cymbalism in 9th, Beatboxers 10th.
Jim Helsel
FinalFantasy
Now you can throw the friendly rivalry out the window. Things just got serious. ALM, game on. Just messin with you, but seriously, go ahead and miss a couple of rehearsals. I won't mind ;-)
FinalFantasy
The only league competitions that I care about are the league championships (just for bragging rights) Most league events are just filler for me in case I am declined for regular season shows. You don't get trophies for league events.
Kiwidrummer
We'll have to work on a larger championship next season. Only 5 spots this year and Cymbalism isn't in there. Not a true representation.

I've been missing about one rehearsal a day, due to my eyelids not wanting to open in the middle of the night. Will have to work on that, letting you guys catch up too fast.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Looks like it's on again for season 38.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Hello all. This is the official forum for our league. Feel free to comment on anything with your drumline, the competitions you are in, or just whatever may be on your mind to help us improve. All are welcome to comment, regardles of which league you may be in.

Best of luck to all drumlines competing tonight.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
League finals tomorrow. Who's ready? We are turning up the volume.

Jim Helsel
LittleD4010
I'm posting to ask if someone would like some roles as far as doing stuff for the league?
Meadowbrook
Drum Corps: S20- Div. II Gold Medalist (86.77)
CG: S24- Div. II Gold Medalist (96.635)
Drumline: S27- Div. II Gold Medalist (92.95)
LittleD4010
Now that forums are made, I really want to get to know people!! PM me or post on here your name, where your from, age, etc. it's a great way for people to get comfy with one another and maybe make friends!
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
Morning Announcement for 11/13/14!
The Drumline group(s) of the day:

Black Beat NZ (Kiwidrummer)!!!!!!
They're the groups of the day because they have spoken up to me not doing my part, and re-fueling my fire to be a more active founder!
There will be an announcement is in the evening as well!

P.S.- I'm always watching FMA throughout the day, so if you need anything, PM me please!
Have a good morning!
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
Evening Announcement for 11/13/14!

As of today, groups have been classified into their divisions, and I have to say, this is going to be a good season for us!! Here is a list of the number of people in each division so far:

Div.I - 2
Div.II - 12
Div.III - 22

I really like those numbers, and I'm very excited for what the future holds this season!!

Question: I have noticed there might be some friendly rivals. Post who those rivals are! I'm interested to find some rivals and competition each group has!

Also: Give your predictions!! Who do you think will win the point standings this season? Who will win their division as far as score at MCG-LC Finals? And how many groups from our league will qualify for FMA CG Finals? Comment below!

Any questions PM me, any of the BoD, or comment below! Thanks for taking the time to read! :)
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
The Morning Announcement for 11/14/14!

The Drumline group of the day is:
Heartbeat Percussion (SalukiShaffer)!!

Amazing job last season in placing 2nd in Div.III at MDL-LC Finals, and for qualifying for the Drumline Finals in Div.III! Continue to get better and good things will happen!!

- 3 days till the season opener at Claymont! Who's all excited!? -
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
I'll be gone all day today and half of tomorrow for a music conference, so if anyone could step in and make some announcements or something like that today it would help as lot!! Thanks, and have a good day! :;
Meadowbrook