Login Create Account
Drumline Battle
Kiwidrummer
I saw that we have in the past had a preseason parade. What is the possibility of and would there be any interest in having a preseason Drumline Battle? Based on same amount of caption fields...just some creative re-naming of captions.....music groovability....visual coolness......performance intimidation.....general effect ???

No divisions for a fun even playing field......maybe a special medal/trophy for profile and bragging rights. I'd def be keen for something like this.

Thoughts.....comments....suggestions..........
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Jhawk
I'm not as familiar with drumline competitions, but I am thinking of bringing the parade competition back next season.
Ivory Brigade
Kiwidrummer
The parade would be cool. As far as drumline battle, not that difficult. There is definitely room for creativity in captions, as it is basically a fun/serious entertaining challenge. While I am drum corps background, the corps seem to miss the "rivalry feeling" in their battles. If you by chance ever saw the movie 'Drumline', while the playing has a lot to be desired, the creativity, showmanship, entertainment value, and direct challenge towards the opposing line has audience appeal.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS