Login Create Account
Enjoying the race
Prof
I'm enjoying the horse race in the drum corps director level.

I wonder if any of us can catch Dark or Precp ?
mewtlc
i know i cant....just yet
Pride of Bethune
lowbrass07
evenutally someone will. dunno if it'll be me but i'll give it a shot.
Resilience (Drum and Bugle Corps)- D1
Shadows (Marching Band) - D1
Skyline (Winter-guard) - D1
The Thunder (Drum-line) - D1
FMA WEST
mewtlc
thats all we can do
Pride of Bethune
Prof
Ya know, I'm old and I wake up every 90 minutes because of prostate problems.

The directors of Preception and Darkness must set their alarm clocks to get up and have practice at 4 am Man, I just can't catch them but I have learned a few bizarre patterns in practice......................

Guys, you're wearing this old fool down

I promise that once my :low level: show flattens out I'll spend time on politics
Drummantx
I leveled up before Perception once, but they caught me again.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
Prof
@ Drummantz Sorry I missed that event. I've had more fun watching the directors levels than anything else and both of you are really making me "think" different ideas that will bring up the director level. maybe I'm trying to out think the system at times but I do admire those of you that score high in the directors level and try to build an even program unlike some who put all their energy into just one caption. This being my first season and not knowing how everything works, I'm afraid the weakness of my show design is gonna make me fall by the wayside by the time finals come around. My goal is to TRY and stay in the top five in director level.
Prof
I notice that darkness has not had a show in a good while. According to my figures, if Darkness had a show today and you have been playing all your energy points possible, you might have edged out Precption by at least .225 points. Gonna be interesting to watch your next scores.
Novak
I feel terrible about my drum corps. Started out in first and just dropped, and I have no idea why it happened. I'm working hard to find a solution though...
Prof
Could it be that you are concetrating on just a few captions and not moving up across the board ?

I don't know for sure but it seems like I get better and quicker level ups with a more even "across the board" improvement with just a touch extra on a caption I need to work on.

If I keep putting all my energy just on winds it doesn't get me as much as 75% across the board and 25% on winds .....if that makes sense. Afterall, as a real drirector I would allow extra time each day for intense horns practice but I would not allow M&M / guard / drums to sit idile while I push the horns

Of course this IS a game and I scratch my head often while saying WTF ?
Novak
I started out just trying to keep every caption even. Basically, if my Guard reaches 5,000, I would try and reach 5,000 with everything else before moving on to 6,000. That didn't seem to work, so I'm now trying a different take.

What I'm trying now is looking at my most recent shows, seeing what captions I'm lagging in, and focusing on them, while still working a little with the other captions. I haven't had a show since I started this, so I don't know how it's working.
Prof
I'm still trying to figure out daily jumps.

It seems for the most part I can average close to a point and a quarter a day improvement average. However I have noticed it as low as .75 a day and as high as 1.85 a day but to figure it all out is more work than I'm willing to do..

It does seem like Game Gods smile upon the 80 energy drum or winds practice more favorable, or it could be my senility playing games with my head
Prof
For a brief time today, less than an hour, the view had changed and I was no longer looking at the butt of the lead sled dog. I was actually in the lead......well on paper I was. What a view , it was wonderful but just as quick it was gone and I was back in the pack with no other view than the rear end of those in front of me.

I am Sp......(errrrrr)
I am Sp spar...spart
See Spart run....(no, thats not it grrrrrrrr)
I AM Sparticu.............
never mind, I'm just a Purina dog stuck in the pack

Woof
Prof
Woof Woof

( are there no FUN people on here ? )
BlueDevils
I doubt it...
DC: Blue Demons Corps