Login Create Account
Red Lightning Regiment Claims Gold in D2 Championships
ToastyCar
For the first time in 14 participating seasons, Typhoon Performing Arts, Inc. has claimed their first ever D2 World Championship with tonight's Drum Corps Final's win by the Red Lightning Regiment Drum & Bugle Corp with a score of 90.305.

"It was truly an incredible performance. I am still in shock by how our members competed tonight. We are all truly proud of them," said Brandon Oswalt, President of Typhoon Performing Arts, Inc.

While not claiming top score in a single scoring category, the drum corp was able to climb 23.3 points and surpass incredible competition that included Ivory Brigade (88.090), Aftershock NZ (87.880), and Devil Crusaders (85.455).

"This was a hard fought season. Although initial rankings had us placed at number 12, we just could not settle for barely making finals. We wanted to prove that we had an incredible show. I just...I just didn't expect that that we would win gold," Drum Major Derek Fisher said.

Typhoon Performing Arts, Inc. also saw a great showing in final's night in Marching Band, Color Guard, and Drumline D2 Competitions. Arctic Blast Winterguard and Twisted Tornadoes Drumline received a silver medal with respective scores of 92.200 and 83.125, and Atlantic Storm received a bronze medal with a score of 89.425.

Currently, Typhoon Performing Arts, Inc. is making preparations to begin the preseason processes for season 38 that includes the unveiling of their new shows. Interested members may receive audition packets by going to TPA.org.
Red Lightning Regiment | D2 World Champion (Season 37) & 2x Medalist
Atlantic Storm | 2x Medalist
Arctic Blast Winterguard | 1x Medalist
Twisted Tornadoes Drumline | 3x Medalist
Pandora1
Yay! I was mentioned LOL Devil Crusaders applaud your victory.
FAME, BRAVO!, ROTC, PEARL
Kiwidrummer
Aftershock NZ has hats off to Red Lightning Regiment, Ivory Brigade, and all of the finalists. We had a good run for a second season corps and our first in DII.

Many congrats!!
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
ToastyCar
Haha thanks guys and once again congratulations on a hard fought season. Hopefully we will be able to compete again in the same division in season 38.
Red Lightning Regiment | D2 World Champion (Season 37) & 2x Medalist
Atlantic Storm | 2x Medalist
Arctic Blast Winterguard | 1x Medalist
Twisted Tornadoes Drumline | 3x Medalist
Pandora1
Yeah that would be fun and you are quite welcome. 4th place the first time that I am in division 2 is not too bad. I still need a medal .. You guys have medals ... *sniffle* lol
FAME, BRAVO!, ROTC, PEARL