Login Create Account
Division 2 Thriller
FinalFantasy
Is anyone else very excited to be competing in division 2 this season? We are halfway through week 2, and the competition is close and intense. Even though it's too early in the season to name a winner and the top three spots are still up in the air, I'm happy to see some familiars of the past two seasons rising to the occasion.

Last season, many of us were rookies in division 2 and were the underdogs. Thus, it'd be nice to see a new top 3. So, to everyone, keep up the great work and thanks for a thrilling season.
Kiwidrummer
Hey FinalFantasy. I couldn't agree more. The top 12 are within 6 points of each other, while there is only a 10 point gap within the top 30!

I was one of those DII rookies last season, and considering where I started the season, the current leader this year smoked me by 14 points in the season opener, I was ecstatic to finish in 3rd. So glad I avoided DI this season. I'm gunning for a title this season, but it will be a long hard road. Judging by past seasons, a few in the current top 12 will drop-off, but who knows, if they keep up their rehearsals. There are a few finalists from last season hanging just outside of the top 12 right now, and I fully expect they will make a push.

I have a very talented and strong percussion section this year, and hopefully the judges will reward us with the GE scores as our program refines throughout the season.

Anyways, good to see you "in the hunt" also, and this will be an interesting season. I'm going to look back through past seasons to see if there is potential to break any records.

Best of luck to all, but remember, if you snooze, we will pounce.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
AAustin19
lovin this season. I like watchin my groups develop.
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
Chapstick
I usually don't chat on here but I want to say that I also agree. everyone seems to be on the same playing level this season and I am shocked that my drum corps s already very close to top 12. Maybe just maybe I will win a medal. If not i'm proud of what Spirit of Atlantis is accomplishing. Nice sportsmanship too FinalF. I like a group that has class. thanks and goodluck to all
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato
Kiwidrummer
As of now, the gap in the top 12 is just under 5 points! Very well balanced for DII this season.
Jim Helsel
Jhawk
Just wait until later when you start seeing it become around 2 points for the top 6 or 7
Ivory Brigade
cjf20
My drum corps is sitting in 4th, they are so close to a medal, even if they don't I'm still very proud of them.
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
Kiwidrummer
cjf...pretty cool. both our percussion sections are 1 and 2 in both drum corps and marching band.
Jim Helsel
cjf20
Kiwi, are percussion's are so superior. :P
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
Kiwidrummer2
cjf....3 and 5 in drumline too. Do I see a pattern developing? Still a ways til end of season, bit top 3 for both is not out of reach. Last season I climbed from 15 points down in DII Drumline to take 3rdx so it is definitely possible.
Kiwidrummer
Battle Under the Storm is looking to be a hot show. Good luck to all corps.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
After a day off, looking forward to competing on US soil again.
Jim Helsel
Gamertooth17
I'm pretty excited to see my corps in the top few this year. It's a little nervewrecking, honestly. hahah

Anyone else notice the jump in points today. I went from being #1 for a while..down to #5. This is a close season!
Kiwidrummer
John, not sure what levels and all you set your captions, but you have been gaining .3 to .6 per day, while my group has been .9 to 1.2 per day. I noticed the same with your group last season. Possibly your rehearsal schedule?

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Top 12 will change again after tonight's shows as there were corps who did not compete last night. Who will end up on top? Will it be Red Hand, Aftershock NZ, or Berlin Fieldsmen? Will Defiant Heart or Phantom Legion step up? This is a very close season and the top 3 is up for the taking. Who wants it bad enough?

Best of luck to all those competing in tonight's shows.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Lol....just checked my schedule. Won't be Aftershock NZ. We are not competing tonight.

Jim Helsel
ASCoasters
I think tonight is my first night in a few days so hopefully I haven't fallen too much
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
Kiwidrummer
By looking at scores, point gains, who has and hasn't competed yesterday, I predict you will take top spot after tonight.

Just my prediction....

Jim Helsel
TeamFrenchToast
Oh wow, I just now noticed how close DII was this year haha. Should be exciting to follow!
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
ASCoasters
Seeing my score from today, I can't predict anything because it's so tight. I honestly any one of the top 7 could take it easily. One missed rehearsal could push any of us down to the bottom of finals, and I feel like that's what will happen with me because I have so much band this weekend :^(

Only .005 off today though! I probably could've taken it if I would've used up my 300 energy before the competitions happened.
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ