Login Create Account
MArching Band:)
clarinetpride825
aye. here we can discuss what school we're from and the band we are from and our show and other band nerd studd and get to know people from other bands :)
Jhawk
Well I was from Fort Zumwalt West High School in O'fallon MO and then I went to Missouri State University for college. I've been out of marching for a few years now though.
Ivory Brigade
Kiwidrummer
Graduated from Linganore High School in Mt Airy Maryland in 1980. Marched DCI and DCA a few years. Now I live in Christchurch New Zealand....earthquake city....but I survived our 2 major ones and our ten thousand plus aftershocks....thus the name of our drum corps.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Aaron0316
Unfortunately I'm also not in band, anymore. I graduated from Alton High School in 2001, which is located in Alton, IL about 30 minutes north of St. Louis. My marching band was pretty decent, the Marching 100 (even though it was more than 100 marchers), but we always would lose to Prospect High School and O'fallon Township. LOL Even though I play several instruments, I was the flute section leader the last two years that I marched.

Also, I dabbled with color guard. I attended Glassmen guard camps and almost toured with them, but a personal matter came up which kept my from marching.

In general, I've been involved with marching music since the early 90s. My older siblings marched. My brother marched soprano with Cavaliers. I saw my first DCI finals on PBS in 1991 and fell in love (back in the day when they used to show full shows on TV).
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
I remember those PBS days. My first was 1977. My first live show was 1980. 1981 was my 1st year marching, thanks to a great friend and private instructor, the late great Rod Goodhart, percussion pioneer and extraordinaire.
Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
My first live show was in 1994 in my hometown. The Cavaliers, Phantom, and The Cadets were the big corps at that show. I never missed a live show in my hometown after that year. I would walk around to the different schools every season, sometimes walking several miles, just to watch the corps practice. Drum corps is an obsession LOL I saw the 2000, 2001, and 2007 DCI Finals live. I'm over due for another one.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
I came to New Zealand in 2002. Made the trip back to Denver in 2004. Unfortunately, that has been my last live show to date. Drum corps is completely non-existant here in NZ. We have brass bands and bagpipe &drum corps here. Just isn't the same. My dream is to introduce the activity here. Equipment is so expensive here though. I would be cheaper to check the message boards for used equipment and have it shipped over. Even a donation would be for a good cause to grow the activity. When I went to the music instrument stores, they basically laughed as they never heard of it. If only they realized the potential.

Jim Helsel
Jhawk
I figured you must have gone to school around St. Louis Aaron. I feel your pain on O'Fallon Township. They seemed to always put us to shame back when my band was you know...decent.

I think you graduated right before our brief period of actually playing well. After I graduated our band really started slipping and our old band director left so it really went down for a while.
Ivory Brigade
Aaron0316
Yeah, I remember Fort Zumwalt was pretty decent. Alton High used to win a lot back in the day, but after I graduated, the director who had been there for several decades was fired over some nonsense. It's a shame. Unfortunately the band program has never been the same without him. I remember some of our biggest rivals in the area when I marched were O'Fallon, Parkway West, the Francis Howell bands, and Oakville.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
MrsRomo
I played trombone for West Jessamine High School for a few years before graduating in 2008. Participated in college marching band for one season at University of Louisville, but continued to played in the athletic pep band for the rest of my college career.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Stradivarius
Trombones represent!
12 years later
Kiwidrummer
At my high school, I played toms, snare, and also wrote our percussion features, leading to arranging/instructing after I graduated. I never followed through with my music in Uni, always in the back of my mind was my mom telling me it would never put food on the table. Stupid me....
Jim Helsel
lilahjude
I go to Carmel High School and play the Mellophone. Our show is about cats > ^-^<
corndogshuffle
Is your show music from "Cats," or is it just about cats? Inquiring minds want to know...

Anyway, I'm part of the staff at a school in Northern Virginia. There are not nearly as many staff members as there are students, so to protect a slight bit of my anonymity I will decline to name the school. :)
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
lilahjude
@corndogshuffle the show is nine lives but Saucedo wrote our ballad to be an adapted version of "memories" from cats
ZombieRaptor1
Ronald Reagan High School from San Antonio, Texas.
I've marched baritone for 3 years and euphonium for this last year.
Fixed Arrow - Drum Corps
Ronald Reagan - Marching Band
Facepalm - Color Guard
Chrome Thunder - Drumline

Crossmen '15 Above and Beyond
Crossmen '16 Continuum
cjbuckley1997
Marple Newtown High School, near Philadelphia, I'm a senior on trumpet. We compete on Cavalcade of Bands, and we're the defending champions of the Yankee Open Class (we have 90 members or so). This year our show is Daredevil by Frank Sullivan. I dunno if anyone on here would know us, but we often have a lot of people telling us good things at competitions.
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
lilahjude
@cjbuckley1997 i don't know that feeling of not being known. all eyes are on carmel because grand nats is between avon and carmel this year
echstrumpet8
I play trumpet for the East Coweta Marching Indians in Sharpsburg, Georgia. We are always a bubble band for finals for the BOA Atlanta super regional. This past season was our program's greatest, as we placed second at Jacksonville, not way too far behind Kennesaw Mountain. A few more seasons like this, and EC might be a name to keep an eye out for.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
cjbuckley1997
I mean we're really well known for our circuit, but that basically only covers half pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS