Login Create Account
Getting Tired..
crowleylex
Okay I held my breath long enough. I'm getting tired of the league CAMA. Here it is almost halfway through preseason and there are no league events posted. It was the same way last season. almost the entire presesason passed before we had league events. On top of it all, NOBODY chats in that league. I haven't seen a forum post since I started on here, yet there are 15,0000,0000 directors on the board. I refuse to be in a dead league. I'm going solo until I get enough cash next season to start my own. Please do not send me invites. ... Rant over..
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
AAustin19
lol it's CAMarA and CADA too but I'm hanging in there good luck with the other league
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
gcurrier
i hear your concern...at times all leagues I think have had lull issues! i admit even CLASS (which I run) has had weak seasons with schedules. all i can say is speak up! contact your league president and ask whats up--sadly they may have dropped the ball, left and not had a replacement (which yes is really bad)...perhaps they are too busy and you can suggest they pass the torch (maybe even to you). sometimes you need to wake them up and yes sadly sometimes its time to walk away.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiwidrummer
Crowley, have you tried PM'ing the founder? If you get a response, great. If not, that would say a lot.

I know people have lives outside of FMA and while running your own league might seem impressive, it does take a lot of dedication. Basically, if you can't put in the time, in the long run, don't create your own league. Maybe there should be higher restrictions as to who can create a league. As it stands right now, all you need is a director level of 10 and a spare grand. This can be done by a division III group, who in my book should not have that priveledge or responsibility yet. I have seen in some leagues where more than one has ability to create comps as well as post on the league announcements. Not sure how this works, whether the creator has to let you log in as him or if there is an actual separate login for this, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Thus you could have your Founder, BoD'ers, plus the option of adding one or two administrators who would have more priveledge within the league.

As far as league members being more active in the forums, well, that is a hard one. Start a forum deicated to your league if there is not already one. Keep posting in it. People do watch the forums here. I have same problem with the leagues I am in....competitions are posted early, but very little activity in the forums. We do have some semi-regulars, though a lot are from members of other leagues, which I do find healthy in the activity.

Hope this helps, otherwise keep up the good work. While a league can help to create a sense of community, it is not necessary to do well in FMA.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Jhawk
Board of directors can update the announcements page, but only the founder or a former founder can actually make events. Former founders are really rare because they are the people that gave up the league to another league member and had Alex process that for them.
Ivory Brigade
Kiwidrummer
Jhawk, I didn't realize BoD's can update league announcements. Thanks for the heads up. That should be changed in the game guide as it only says a founder can do that in the leadership roles. Much appreciated.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS