Login Create Account
A Royal Responsibility
mikeoleary
Ladies and Gentlemen of the FMA Community,

The start of season 39 marks the second full season of competition for The Royal Kingdom Percussion League. When I started the league, I honestly saw little chance that it would expand beyond a few people. My intentions were not to become a dominate league, but rather provide a place for ensembles to call their home and enable a classroom type environment to allow groups to better themselves, and their brothers and sisters within the league. I had high hopes of making an impact on the FMA community, and was looking to redefine what it meant to be a part of a league whose leaders were active and truly cared about the progression of it's groups both in skill, and in knowledge.

Little did I know that these standards would not only be met, but exceeded within such a short amount of time. Before I could even react to the praise and positive response to the idea of a member friendly drumline league, ROYAL had grown and expanded to the point that I was honestly concerned that I could not manage the league by myself and keep everybody happy. The Royal Kingdom has been a huge success since it's conception and is continuing to increase in both numbers, popularity, and friendships. I could not be more happy with the way that things have been working out. I still continue to strive towards giving members the opportunity to maintain a relationship with the leagues leaders, but with the increasing numbers it is quickly becoming difficult to maintain that sense of personal connection.

I am currently looking for members who are willing to teach and lead their peers from the newly erected safe haven that is The Royal Kingdom Percussion league. I urge anybody to join ROYAL who has leadership experience and is looking to dedicate their time, energy, and enthusiasm to establishing a proud and healthy place for experienced veterans, first day rookies, and everything in between. In short, Because of the amount of regular members I need more board members. If anyone within ROYAL or outside of it is interested in taking on this task of leadership and responsibility, they should send me a pm.

ROYAL has established many friendships both for it's members and with other leagues, and I hope to continue our trend of pushing towards unity, artistry, excellence and legacy.

Thank you for your time,
Michael O'Leary
Founder and President, ROYAL
Founder and President, REGAL
Board of Directors, BoA
Board of Directors, MGC LC
Director of Bands, Royal Spades
FMA Commentator