Login Create Account
ROTC Chat
AAustin19
This chat is for the members of Righteously Outrageous Twirling Corps (ROTC) to interact. Give suggestions or discuss whatever with whomever :) Problems and concerns also can emailed to the board directly. Thank you.
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
AlanLovesMe
YaY!! I love the name, too.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kiwidrummer
Sergeant Pandemonium reporting for duty....thanks for the invite ALM.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
AlanLovesMe
KIWI!!!! YAY!!! yw, dear
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kiwidrummer
Dear? Haha, I probably have a few on you. I aged out of DCI in 1984.....ah ha, now my age is showing....never really grew up yet though. Thank you so kindly ALM. Glad to be part of the family....

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Haha, I just took a look at scores posted from the opening day of season 39, and it just sunk in. Division I scores are at 86+ on the first night! No wonder there is a problem with perfect scores. Who does that on their first show in reality? Scoring system desparately needs to be re-aligned. Oh well, we can only do what we can do. Will chug along and see where it takes us.

Jim Helsel
AlanLovesMe
Go for the gold, Jim! I believe that most of our division 1s are campaigning their first seasons in d1.. I definitely am :D
Kiwidrummer
Haha, I'm already 23 points off the lead. I may end up campaigning too, cant't let you guys leave me in the dust next season. Though in DII I made up that gap, just don't see it happening in DI.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Please welcome our newest guard to ROTC, Sound of Canton. You are definitely Righteously Outrageous....

Jim Helsel
FastForward
Kiwidrummer,

I am actually surprised that my Color Guard didn't score higher on the opening night of shows ... Based on how well they were rehearsing ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Kiwidrummer
FastForward, man, that's crazy. I can see why so many groups feel so intimidated coming into D I. Idon't really want to campaign, so I will just keep rehearsing and hope I can get that 30+ point gain from my opening score. I think breaking 92 would be respectable in my first D I season.

Jim Helsel
AlanLovesMe
SOrry for being such a loser this season, Jim. I already started campaigning. There is no turning back.. I've been rehearsing my tookus off the past few seasons.. i'd like to take it easy for a change. With my campaign money doubled, i should be lookin nice next season.
Kiwidrummer
Loser? Where? We don't have any losers in our league. Everyone has their own strategy. none are wrong, just different. I know about busting your tookus, mine is dragging too lol. I should have spent on doubling campaigns, but I chose the extra energy, then found out it is a waste.I thought it gave you 5 extra energy every hour lol. Stupid me. You will be fine Katie. I will earn my money and influence at shows. Just a different way....

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
It is with great pleasure that the Board of Directors of ROTC announce their first official league event, the ROTC Season Opener. This inaugural event is only a couple days away, Wednesday, November 19. We have 5 openings, so hurry and get your applications in as quickly as possible.We expect this event to fill fast.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
More events on the way. Will post once they are completed. We are on the move..

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
From the Board of Directors. We now have 3 events up so far. More to come as we get responses back as to availability.

The events as to date are:

ROTC Season Opener - Wednesday November 19th
ROTC - Nashville - Sunday November 23rd
ROTC - St Paul - Tuesday December 2nd

Please check the league site for more info. Hope to see you there.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
ROTC had it's first event in history last night. Congratulations to all competing guards, you guys made this a truly memorable event. While all 3 divisions were represented, the heat was on for the top spot in DII with only a .085 spread. Our ROTC Season Opener winners are:

Division I
Spinaholics 61.165

Division II
Crowley Auxiliary 66.155
Purple Power 66.070
Avant-Guarde 61.690

Division III
The Dancing Disney's 47.785

For the full recap:
http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/26557

Best wishes to everyone who has a show tonight.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Please welcome our newest member to ROTC, The Scout Regiment. We hope you enjoy your experience with ROTC and the FMA community. You are Righteously Outrageous....

Jim Helsel
AlanLovesMe
woo hoo.. hello Scout Regiment
Kiwidrummer
Please welcome Black Flag, our newest guard. We hope you have a great time as a member of ROTC and FMA.

Jim Helsel