Login Create Account
FDCI - Historical Records
Kiwidrummer
Are there any records of recaps from this fantasy league. I was in a league for one season and I seem to remember the FDCI name. I don't even remember the name of my corps, may have been either Black Beat or Show Beat, not sure. What I do remember was joining for one season, it would have coincided with DCI 2004, as I travelled from here to Denver for finals and made my last minute changes while in Denver. If I remember, my corps did well that season.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
gcurrier
I would have to look to see what records I have or maybe see if Jeff kept them somewhere that accesable to us. I was in FDCI from i think season 7-20, 20 being the last and The Knights (my DCPI and FDCI corps) being the last World Champion. You will find a lot of FDCIers on DCPI (Drum Corps Planet International which is part of drumcorpsplanet.org).

Coincidentally--DCPI will be starting an off season very soon for those interested--go sign up! I will submit another forum post as well.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiwidrummer
Already a member there. Looking forward to the winter season. Thanks about checking for me.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
BTW, my DCPI corps are Black Beat, Canterbury Aftershocks, and Christchurch Crusaders, though I think I will realigned the names with my corps here.

Jim Helsel
gcurrier
welcome to DCPI then as well!

Look forward to competiting against you there! I am The Knights, Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment. coincidentally if you are interested in joining CLASS on DCPI, you are NOT required to be a member of CLASS in FMA as well (you can keep your current membership here).

Kiwidrummer
Yes, I would be interested in that. We had a fairly successful season last summer. How do leagues work there?

Jim Helsel
Jhawk
I'm over there as well with Ivory Brigade, Abracadabra Academy, and Kaiju Corps.
Ivory Brigade
Kiwidrummer
Haha Jhawk, I remember Ivory Brigade there very well. May be late, but congrats on your world class title.

Jim Helsel
gcurrier
There it's more symbolic and a pride/competitive thing. You make it what you want through forums and I intend to make us more active again this season. Welcome to DCPI CLASS!

Kiwidrummer
Thanks gcurrier. Yes, I liked the stadiums, photos of them, the write-ups. Everything about it just added that realistic element. Was it the Southern Hospitality Show?, had housing schedules, performance times. Would be cool if just some of that effort were put into here, though I think the amount of seasons in a year would make it tedious.

I am changing the names of my corps there. I do know that Aftershock NZ will be my world class corps. Looking forward to being a part of DCPI CLASS.

Jim Helsel
Jhawk
Yeah the only reason why I won was because I couldn't fiddle with my choices during Finals like everyone else did. I ended up sticking with the same corps as I had for the last week.

I highly doubt I'll do as well during the non live seasons.
Ivory Brigade
gcurrier
hey soemtimes it is a good idea not to mess with a good thing--one time i won I also didnt use my max points because it was better not to!

Yeah I tried to bring some of that here before and might do that some this season but it is VERY hard to keep that up vers 2 seasons a year! LOL