Login Create Account
HOLY NEW MEMBERS BATMAN
mikeoleary
Ummm.... Anybody see the player directory lately? Crazy right?! Turns out Memes for Obsessed Band Kids has mentioned FMA on their facebook page. They're clearly an influential group on facebook because well over 300 groups have been created this evening alone. I'm just glad I'm a long time lover of MFOBK and caught it just a couple of hours after the post was made.

I'm a little scared. I feel like a guy standing in a stampede. FMA has gotten kinda chaotic over it. Everybody is looking to get the advantage and are effectively starting a league recruitment war. My inbox is blowing up and the buzz is getting bigger about it as people begin to notice what's happening with the huge influx of new ensembles.

I am going to dub this event: The Recruitocalypse. Because it's probably the end of time and space as we know it.

Anyways, Just wanted to inform,
Michael O'Leary
Founder and President, ROYAL
Founder and President, REGAL
Board of Directors, BoA
Board of Directors, MGC LC
Director of Bands, Royal Spades
FMA Commentator
Kiwidrummer
I was wondering if it was spam or real. We had over 15 bands join in less than an hour.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
mikeoleary
Yeah. It's real. Those are almost all different people who are just pouring into FMA. I haven't been around for all that long, but I think this may be one of if not the biggest flooding in of new groups in FMA history.
Michael O'Leary
Board of Directors, BoA
FMA Commentator
gcurrier
If they are all different people yes and hopefully they stay. We've had two things happen before, it was just a handful of people doing it over and over or they joined and then did nothing.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
farmer98
I have a bad feeling that a good +80% of these new groups are going to forget about FMA after half an hour on here. Next season will probably yield a bunch of inactive members in the leagues. I still enjoy some friendly league recruiting competition though!
- Paul (farmer98)
President (ROYAL)
Director of Beat of the World, Regiment of the West, Pride of Arkansas, and The Midwest LittleGuard
Aaron0316
Well, if that is true, farmer, the other 20% still would be a nice boost in active groups, especially for it happening overnight. I've chatted with a handful of members who are already obsessed with the game.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Jhawk
Yeah they posted FMA on there sometime last year and we thought we were getting spam attacked.
Ivory Brigade
farmer98
That is true Aaron and that is a good thing. I'm certainly excited about all the new members! I'm simply mentioning how unfortunate it is that many of them will likely not stick around for too long.
- Paul (farmer98)
President (ROYAL)
Director of Beat of the World, Regiment of the West, Pride of Arkansas, and The Midwest LittleGuard
cire
We have had floods in the past.. that's cool and all.. but more cool if those people actually stick around and play!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
mikeoleary
Well looks like I'm gonna have to invest in some bigger venues for competitions...
Michael O'Leary
Board of Directors, BoA
FMA Commentator
Aaron0316
Yeah, me too! :)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kopar199
Well I Joined because this and I plan on staying! in fact I was just recently saying that they should make a fantasy football style marching band thing, and then I heard about this, and so I'm excited to stay here and have some fun
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
ASCoasters
It might have just been that I had no concept of how fantasy football works or that I was expecting something high paced, but it's really important that if you're a new member you realize that this is a very stretched out experience on FMA haha. When I joined I was completely baffled that I only got 100 rerehearsal points back per hour and I almost left because it seemed like it would drag too much. You really just have to slide into the habit of getting on every few hours and then you start to lose track of time passing.
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
farmer98
This is true. I remember my first few days being almost torturous. I would get on almost every hour expecting to be able to do a bunch of things to little avail of course. It took me a while to get to the point that I'd stay off long enough to actually get some energy in to truly rehearse.
- Paul (farmer98)
President (ROYAL)
mikeoleary
The Forums and leagues are great places to burn some time in between gaining rehearsal points. It's easy to get into discussions with people about FMA or help out around your respective leagues. To be honest, I've been so actively involved with my leagues that rehearsing my group is more of a side item as apposed to the primary objective. Ha ha!
Michael O'Leary
Board of Directors, BoA
FMA Commentator