Login Create Account
WHO MARCHES DCI???:)))
ColtsTrumpetNick
I march Colts. who else?
cire
Marching band is a lot harder and better than DCI!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
RedTeam
LOL!
NB
RedTeam
LOL!
NB
cire
What it is!! Marching Band is the hardest bestest thing ever.. if Drum Corps was so hard, how come they can't even handle woodwinds??? HA!
MrsRomo
Play nice cire... :p
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
ColtsTrumpetNick
Woodwinds are not loud enough to create an emotional effect to the audience. Drum corps tempos are way faster. And way more vis.
Kiwidrummer
I marched DCI....way back in 1984 lol

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
cire
Yeah but marching band is better and the drills are so much harder and faster and omg I saw this band one time that was marching backwards and playing and doing drill!!! They were soooo good
aceubank
I think that simply, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Marching band is really fun and amazing, but a lot of work. DCI is A LOT of work. It also depends on the band. Some DCI bands have certain aspects really make them stand out. or if you're in a crappy marching band, them of course DCI looks better. Its all in simple reasoning in my opinion. But I'm new here, who am I to say anything?
Jhawk
It must not be too hard if you got 2 rings out of DCI Cire.
Ivory Brigade
FastForward
Cire should have gone to a quality Marching Band after he had improved his skills enough in DCI that he was acceptable to even try the harder Marching Band Drill & Music !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
cire
I have to admit. drum corps ruined marching band for me. It was ok before drum corps.. I couldn't stand it afterwards. I learned more about music and playing my horn in 1 summer of drum corps than I learned in my previous 4-5 years of band put together.
Stradivarius
^that's what happen when I matched DCA! Not even DCI! Any drum corps just tends to be more talented and rehearses better.
12 years later
ZombieRaptor1
Already contracted to march Crossmen on baritone this year. Got contracted last year but couldn't afford the summer.
Fixed Arrow - Drum Corps
Ronald Reagan - Marching Band
Facepalm - Color Guard
Chrome Thunder - Drumline

Crossmen '15 Above and Beyond
Crossmen '16 Continuum
SalukiShaffer
I can tell you how talented corps percussion sections are. I recently auditioned for Legends, the 7th place Open Class corps and the talent level of that drumline was the highest I've ever rehearsed with, I got cut of course, because the talent level of drum corps is 9,000 times that of high school marching band. Holy crap DCI members are talented.

And high school percussion doesn't prepare you for drum corps in the least. Most high school's drumlines don't even use traditional grip on snare and march with Quint tenors instead of Sexts like most corps (pretty much all but SCV). In addition, most HS bass drums use a different technique in hands than every corps I've ever seen. The front ensembles require a 4 mallet technique mastery which a lot of HS's don't even teach.

It's a big world outside of your high school band and if you want to enter into it, you need to do something extra outside of a 1-hour per day rehearsal in band class
SalukiShaffer
SaxophoneMan
I'm not currently marching with a corps, but I'm auditioning for Crown for the 2016 season! Which is kinda funny because the 2015 season hasn't even officially started yet and I'm already talking about 2016 lol.
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
ZombieRaptor1
Not at all really, for those elite world class corps, a little bit of extra preparation couldn't hurt at all, just remember, staff look for hard work at camps and improvement just as much as actual talent level.
Fixed Arrow - Drum Corps
Ronald Reagan - Marching Band
Facepalm - Color Guard
Chrome Thunder - Drumline

Crossmen '15 Above and Beyond
Crossmen '16 Continuum
Kopar199
I'm looking to audition for a new corps opening up in my hometown, called Freedom, next month. If I make it The next step is convincing my mother to let me do it...
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
EWP13
I want to but I can't. :(
Work Hard, Spin Hard, COLOR GUARD!
Aero Independent-Season 34 D3 Finalist-11th place-"Wicked"
The District- Season 54 D3 Finalist- 7th place- "UP"
Aero Independent- Season 59 D3