Login Create Account
Leagues of Interest: Season 39
mikeoleary
Hello fellow members,

There are several leagues of interest that have risen from seemingly nothing, and have made big names for themselves. The following are the most notable of these leagues for Season 39 in my opinion.

BRAVO!
ROYAL
FAME
ROTC

BRAVO!: This marching band league came seemingly out of nowhere, and has proven to be a serious threat to anybody hoping to claim the top spots in league numbers. Their morals and goals? Fairly honorable if you ask me. BRAVO! has only been around for one season, but it's directors are seasoned and dedicated to it's growth both in numbers and in skill. They clearly one of the best with recruiting, and as of this moment are nudging at MAoMA for the coveted title of "Biggest League on FMA."

ROYAL: Although it has been around since season 38, it's recent gain in members both in quality and quantity is definitely notable. Over the course of one season, ROYAL has grown in almost 100 members, and is currently in the top 5 leagues for numbers holding the title of "Biggest Drumline League." I won't say much more about ROYAL seeing as how I run it, but I believe it's morals and activity help define it's successes.

FAME: Another new league to take the field is FAME. Although it was only made a little over a month ago, it is currently the second largest drum corps league on all of FMA and is the third league on this list to break 100 members. It's board is eerily reminiscent to that of BRAVO!'s but we'll talk about that in a second. What it lacks in D1 members, it makes up for in numbers with D2 and D3 groups and as far as competition goes, I would expect to see FAME pop up a lot more often in high levels of competition in season 40.

ROTC: With a little under 100 members, ROTC is currently attracting a lot of attention as the largest color guard league on FMA. ROTC is also another new league this season and has been the first definitive front runner for color guard leagues in a long time, putting to rest the age old war of the color guard leagues that has been waging since day one.

Three of these four leagues have something in common however. If you search their board, you'll find some very familiar names... That's because ROTC, FAME, and BRAVO! all contain similar board members. It would appear that a group of friends got together and decided that the world of online marching arts needed some shaking up and created everything but a drumline league as a joint venture. An interconnected series of leagues all coordinated and run by people with a common interest is a new and exciting idea. Season 40 should be one of the most competitive seasons for leagues yet, and I expect to see new rivalries and friendships made between them. It's anybody's game in my opinion, and I can't wait to see how everything plays out.

Thanks for reading. Comment if you wanna weigh in,
Michael O'Leary
Founder and President, ROYAL
Founder and President, REGAL
Board of Directors, BoA
Board of Directors, MGC LC
Director of Bands, Royal Spades
FMA Commentator
Aaron0316
Interesting post, Mike. The numbers are great, but the million dollar question still remains. Will all of these groups stick around? :-)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
mikeoleary
I'm interested in knowing that myself. Guess all we can do is play the waiting game. Either way, wether they stick around or disband, something tells me that this seasons league line up will go down in FMA history.
Michael O'Leary
Founder and President, ROYAL
Founder and President, REGAL
Board of Directors, BoA
Board of Directors, MGC LC
Director of Bands, Royal Spades
FMA Commentator