Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: The Plot Thickens
Novak
We had yet another exciting regional today, and while the drumlines in first place refuse to be overtaken, spots 2-5 definitely got shaken up a little. Let's see what happened tonight on the floor!

DIVISION I
1. Thunder - 63.855
2. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - 62.055
3. Marching Bureaucrats - 61.845
4. The Drumming Dummers - 61.595
5. The Drummers Alliance - 60.870

Surging back into the top five with a vengeance, the Marching Bureaucrats made a huge improvement since their last competition at The Thunderdome, improving a total of 3.55 points. They took the bronze at the regional tonight, as well as taking second in both Music & Visual GE an Music Ensemble! Watch out for these guys, they could very easily overtake Southmore Hill with their kind of work ethic! While both The Drumming Dummers and The Drummers Alliance improved, it simply wasn't enough to withstand the massive effort the Marching Bureaucrats put on the floor tonight. A couple of nights ago, I wrote an issue focusing on how big the spread was between first and second in each division. Well, those spreads were demolished by tonight! Now, between first and second stands a slight margin of 1.8 overall points, where Southmore Hill Royal Drumline tied with Thunder in Visual Ensemble. But of course, winning the gold medal yet again and sweeping all but one caption was the powerhouse line of the season, Thunder. Now, while they continue to improve, they don't seem to be improving at the rate where it would be impossible to catch them. Thunder could very easily stay in first, but they could just as easily be overtaken.

DIVISION II
1. Line of Distinction - 60.520
2. The Thunder - 57.785
3. Nova Drumline - 55.735
4. Red Frogs - 55.725
5. Golden Sticks Percussion - 55.480

Line of Distinction took advantage of their short hiatus to make their powerful sounds and visuals even more powerful, increasing their total score by 3.245 points, sweeping all captions by a landslide and taking home the gold in tonight's regional. The Thunder competed in the Downbeat in the south competition, winning first place and increasing their overall score by 2.14 points. While as of yesterday, the spread between first and second was 1.63 points, today, worse news came for the rest of the D2 competition, as that gap increased to 2.735 points. Raising their score by .765 points, Nova Drumline took silver at the regional tonight. However, the Red Frogs are right behind them, beating Nova in Music & Visual GE and being right behind in any other given caption. Nova better watch their backs, the Red Frogs are thrusting themselves into the thick of battle and not stopping anytime soon! Even Golden Sticks Percussion, who placed fourth at tonight's regional, beat Nova in GE and beat the Red Frogs in Visual Ensemble & Performance. These guys only improved 1.365 points over the course of six days, but still took over The Phantom of Carolina Drumline and refuse to leave the top ranks.

DIVISION III
1. Thunder - 58.815
2. Music X Ensemble - 56.635
3. Battered Souls - 54.930
4. Carolina Beats - 54.745
5. Pulse - 54.060

Pulse improved only slightly by .87 points, but it was enough to take third at tonight's regional. However, a new drumline presents itself, The Pride of the Texas Hill Country, who beat Pulse in three caption and are only .055 points back from overtaking the fifth place spot! Carolina Beats took second at the regional, raising their overall score by 3.46! Amazing to think they were tenth at the Midwest Regional just six days ago, and now are in contention for a medal come Finals! Battered Souls competed for the first time since the 17th, increasing their total score by 2.355 points and beating out Knights Drumline at their show tonight, Downbeat in the south! They reclaim the third place overall spot with pride, but need to get right down to business to lengthen that gap between them and Carolina Beats. Music X Ensemble separates themselves from the rest of the pack, winning tonight at Downbeat in the south and improving their overall score by a great 3.85 points putting one step out of range of the Battered Souls, and one step closer to Thunder, who of course took the gold medal tonight, sweeping the captions and raising their overall score by 1.415 points!

That's all for tonight's drumline daily! Keep throwing down those beats and I'll see you all tomorrow!

NOTICE: If you would like to make a suggestion about how we go about writing Drumline Daily, or would like to be an interviewee, please use our wonderful new personal message system and message either TeamQuavers or me! Thank you!

QOTD: Tonight was a big night for drumline shows! Did your drumline pass any competing lines?
Drummantx
I can promise you we won't be overtaken.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
20DM12
phantom will be back for our top five, the boys back home are hungry for the attention now
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
Novak
Hey everyone, just a heads up - no issue will come out tonight, I am working on a prediction issue, predicting how finals will turn out from first to twelfth place based on past scores and regionals...hold in there, it'll be out tomorrow!
ssmit
Darn, and right on the day my drumline popped back into the Top 5 =)
Novak
Don't worry, I'm taking today's scores into account as I write, so Tap Dance will get a good word. =)
MellophoneM1
I'm suprised Golden Sticks is in the Top 5, I think I've done about 3 rehersals the past 3 days.
KKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!