Login Create Account
Music programs
Kopar199
I'm curious as to what programs you guys you use to write music on? I use musescore but it has some issues.
Thanks!
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Alex
 -infinity
Finale is my go-to program, even though it's quite lackluster in terms of interface and user-friendliness. I have been using LilyPond to typeset some scores in recent years. It really produces some nice looking music by default.
Aaron0316
I use Sibelius 7. It reminds me of a Windows 95 notation software I first used, Concertware, which was so easy to use and input notes. One thing that I dislike about many other notation software is that if you don't have a midi keyboard to play and input notes, you must manually click each note on the staff which is time consuming and sometimes a bit annoying if you don't get it just right. With Sibelius, I'm able to use the virtual piano. Of course, I also like the wide variety of midi downloads and like that you can easily save music as mp3s and upload it to the Internet. Finale is cool, though, too.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Gamertooth17
Finale Printmusic.

Doesn't have everything I need, though. There aren't enough staves, instruments, or templates. Not enough preset time signatures (Trust me. Manually beaming a 200 measure piece in 7/8 for a full concert band is not fun.), etc.

You get what you pay for though. It's a mere 100 bucks. I got it for christmas a few years ago.