Login Create Account
Being declined from competitions, and other competition questions
BAMusic9527
Hey guys, im pretty new to this so please bear with me. It says i was approved for a competition on Dec. 28 for my drumline but a score and placement never appeared, so whats up with that? also, why am i getting declined to so many competitions? How can i make it to where i wont get declined from competitions so much. And finally, why are there only a few competitions that i can apply for? do you have to be in a league to apply to league competitions? how do i make more competitions more available. Thanks guys, sorry for the wall of text.
SaxophoneMan
Hey there, welcome to FMA! First off, before every new season of competitions on FMA, there is a week called "pre-season" where you audition all of your members, create your shows, host/join competitions etc. You do not have to be in a league to host/join competitions. Your profile shows that you joined FMA on Dec. 27th and pre-season week was Dec. 21st - Dec. 25th I believe, so everyone would have just about joined and/or hosted their competitions within that week or so. Since you joined after that, the spaces to join competitions are kinda slim. In other words, the competitions that you have joined now, will probably be the only competitions you will be a part of this season until FMA prelims, semi-finals, and finals, which every active player competes in. Also, some hosts for competitions have certain qualifications for which applicants they accept. Many require the applicants to have a certain influence level, while others may like a higher director level. As for your first question about your placement and scores not showing up at an approved competition, I'm not quite sure why that may have happened. Maybe someone else may have an explanation for that. I hope I was helpful! (Btw, other FMA members, please correct me if you see that I have stated anything wrong!)
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
Kiwidrummer
Hey Sax, all looks good to me. The one you didn't answer, I remember seeing something like that before. If I remember correctly, there is a cutoff the night before for accepting an applicant for it to be in the database. I think you can accept applicants after the cutoff,which is why it showed BaMusic's drumlins as accepted!but it was after cutoff time for the database. Someone chime in if this is wrong or there is more to it.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
saxamattone
That sounds correct Kiwi

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
AAustin19
The only cutoff is whether you are accepted before the event occurs. I've been accepted an hour before an event and still competed. He was accepted afterward.

If there are still spots open for the event, a host can still approve applicants even if the event happens. He didn't get any scores because technically he didn't compete. His group showed up to the event after the competition :)
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
Aaron0316
Technically the cut off would be 7:59 PM Eastern Time the day of the event (before the daily scores are posted). After the scores are posted for that event at 8 PM, a host can accept you if there are still spots available. Though, you will not have competed. So, it's pointless for a host to do that.

BAMUSIC, you get influence by rehearsing and leveling up. You're still very new and your drum corps only has 88 influence. The higher the influence a group has, the more tickets a host will sale. If someone has set the ticket price for the event very high, more people will pay the higher price to see the higher influenced groups.

You also can start a campaign to raise your influence, but I don't recommend it. You gain influence naturally by rehearsing and leveling up. If you want to be competitive, campaigns take energy away from you every hour; so, it's energy that you could be using for rehearsals. Of course, it's your choice. I don't worry about influence, because all it's good for is to get accepted quicker into events. Having high influence is more of a benefit to my competitors helping them raise more money at their events that they can apply towards staff upgrades ;) You do get the extra bonus at the beginning of the season. For instance, if I have 8000 influence, I get 800 points to apply to my captions during the audition process, but it's a small bonus.

Another reason that you could be declined is that some hosts will do a first come, first serve basis. When the event fills up, the remaining applicants are automatically declined. If you applied "late", the host might have accepted someone who applied sooner than you did.

Like saxophoneman stated, most groups have their events created and start to apply to events the evening of preseason, which technically was Dec 20th (at 11 Pm EST) - Dec 27th at 11:59 PM. Therefore, there aren't very many events left by now. If you want to join a specific league event, you must be a part of that league. To join a FAME event, you must be in the league FAME. Furthermore, you can't be in FAME and join a CLASS event.

Btw, you are in FAME, and unfortunately all of the league events filled up quickly in just a day after I created them. My apologies. This is our second season in existence. Next season there will be more events with a bigger venue.

Overall, just keep rehearsing. Like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes a lot of time and dedication to the site. Good luck :)

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Aaron and Austin, you are right. I think what I was remembering is the cutoff for attendance, spectators at the show, that are added the night before. So if I am correct, if you accept a very high influence group, let's say 2 hrs before the show, you get no fans from this group.

Influence is good for one more thing other than ticket sales. It also attracts better performers to your auditions. So the higher your influence, the better your auditionees will be. http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/guide/3

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Nakoda
HAPPY NEW YEAR
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Aaron0316
Happy New Year to you too!! and to everyone :)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium