Login Create Account
Drum Corps Music Festival!
Kopar199
Yesterday all my groups got the day off, so i took them all to go to the Drum Corps Music Festival. This was a very exciting event, with many things to do even before the shows started, and i commend whoever planned it!

Once the shows did get underway there was lots of Good performances, Starting with division 1, and the Ivory Brigade, who got first. They had a show entitled Cat, I'm Kitty Cat! The show had a very...Interesting theme to it. The cat theme was interesting to watch, as they played some unconventional music such as the Meow Mix Theme. Overall I liked how they pulled it off.

Next up was the Rising stars and there show Pop. The show was rather fast paced, but the corps pulled it off rather well, and the hornline sounded good despite the hard runs of the pop music. It was one of my favorite corps of the night.

The finale performance in D1 was The Royal Spades Drum and Bugle Corps. They had a wonderful show entitled the corps to my Heart. The show was well done in the hornline, but the guard seemed to have forgotten to rehearse a few times. The Whole effect of the show was very nice and satisfying.

Once all of the Division one corpse were done, We moved on to the division two corps. D2 started out with Chicago Blood. Chicago Blood had a great rendition of there show Night. The show had a very dark theme to it, and it kept me interested the whole time with the creepy sensation they gave the whole audience. My favorite part of the show had to be the guard, with there zombie and witch themed costumes, it really completed the effect of the show. Very deserving of there first place trophy.

The next corps on the field was the flying cow drum corps. There show was entitled Protectors of Earth, and I'm pretty sure it was based off of the orchestra piece by the group two steps from hell. It was very well performed and the brass sounded extraordinary, and the visuals really made the show pop. There was some issues with the snares and bass drums, but nothing that's terrible.

As we came close to the end of the D2 section, we had the Soaring Golden Eagles performing there show Catapult. While most of the show was satisfying, I really couldn't figure out what it was about. Aside from the confusion I think they were deserving o there third place finish.

In 4th place we had the Corps What? come out to the field. This corps didn't really have anything down, mostly just moving around and playing random things, it didn't really make any sense. I'll just leave it at that for now.

After division 2 concluded, we soon had the division 3 start with the Saboteurs and there show Emperialistic. The corps pulled this clearly difficult show off wonderfully for this early in the season, with very entertaining visuals, and music. The music was the icing on the cake in this show, with it's surprisingly well played parts for a division 3 corps. It was definitely my favorite show of the night.

The next corps on the field was the Kansas City Crown, with there interesting choice of show, Giraffes. When they announced the show I was a bit concerned, not thinking it would be any good, but when they performed it they definitely surprised me. It was not the best, or the most entertaining, but I would have given them an award for the most surprising. They had a shockingly good show about, well, giraffes. Very well done.

The final corps of the night was the Iron Regiment. When they started there show Stone Hing, I was a bit disappointed, thinking they would have a more interesting show, but sadly most of the music was just a little bland for my tasted. The visuals were much better, but the music just kinda made it all stale. Hopefully they canfix that throughout the rest of the season.

The Drum corps Music Festival was one of the best contest i had seen in a while, and it made me very excited to hopefully get to compete there next season. Good job to all who competed! Have a good year, and a good season everyone!

Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
alxmm98
Lol it was nice commentary. I loved when u said the corp What? didnt make any sense. Lol
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Kopar199
It really didn't make any sense, and maybe that is what they were going for, but it didn't go over well with the judges, due to the 48 that they got.
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
TheChassiDy
Loved the commentary!
short and crisp
Kopar199
Thanks!
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline