Login Create Account
Division 1?! Help!
mikeoleary
So a few of my groups got promoted to Division 1 this season. I could really use some suggestions on gaining an edge over the competition. I've only been on FMA for 3 seasons, so this served as a bit of a shock for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and all to be competing in D1, but keeping up with 40 season veterans seems to be an impossible task at the moment. Although I'm not extremely competitive this season with my ensembles, I'd like to make more progress next season and pointers would be really helpful for improving.

Thanks,
Michael O'Leary
Founder and President, ROYAL
Founder and President, REGAL
Board of Directors, BoA
Board of Directors, MGC LC
Director of Bands, Royal Spades
FMA Commentator
saxamattone
Campaign $ to increase your staff levels and keep up with your rehearsing. It will take a while so just enjoy the process. Find success in smaller goals to keep motivated. Shoot for semi's and see what happens.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
mikeoleary
I'll keep this in mind! Thanks for the response. I've been fundraising this season, and so far I've promoted and hired staff which helps a lot.
Michael O'Leary
Founder and President, ROYAL
Founder and President, REGAL
Board of Directors, BoA
Board of Directors, MGC LC
Director of Bands, Royal Spades
FMA Commentator
saxamattone
Good luck!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
I agree, use a season to fundraise and then maybe even only host a small show when you go for it so you can use each penny that season. Then don't miss a rehearsal! Lol like seriously lose no points to missed time or fundraising! The top tier groups even with all our seasons and huge staff it comes down to not missing time. I've missed maybe few hundred points and while in this league second sure isn't bad, I'll never catch first tart way! I also agree have goal like real corps would. Semis than finals. All finalists in all divisions of FMA really should be pleased with their hard work because finals aren't easy to get!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ