Login Create Account
Tornado Open
Kopar199
This season Harrah High School was proud to host the Tornado Open, Which was run by the Tornado Regiment. We had a great time here in the small town in Oklahoma, with a nice small contest, and some big time corps. We would to thank all of the Corps that participated this year, and we are looking forward to having a bigger contest, with even more next year.

So to kick off the event we were glad to welcome the only Division One corps, Fixed Arrow, hailing from Broken Arrow Oklahoma. We were glad to host such a great corps from so close to home, and they did deliver. They had there beautiful performance of their show Chameleon, and an especially elegant rendition of Fly to Paradise. It was one of the greatest performances of a ballet I had heard in a very long time, and I feel like the Judges cheated them of some music GE, but still feel like they were scored fairly in all other departments. Thanks for coming guys!

To kick off the real competition in division 2 we were glad to welcome Putin's bears, all the way from Russia. I personally really loved their performance of Thunderstruck in there show Rolling Thunder, it was one of the best division 2 performances I have ever seen, and am glad I got to see it at my event, it was very deserving of the gold.

The second place corps was the North Star Drum Corps! This wonderful corps came with a good performance of their show The Scarlet Letter, a show based upon the book of the same title, one of my favorites. I absolutely loved every second of it. definitely earned their second place medal.

The next corps to take the field was the Mathematicians. The mathematicians and their show Be Band seemed to be a bit lackluster in the performance, even for this point in this season. There was a clear lack of time in practice. The show idea sounded good, but would be more interesting with some more practice. If The mathematicians are reading this, please know that you can do so much better, and I would like to wish you better luck in the future.

The Final corps to take the field was the Cavaliers. While Their show "The Moment" has lots of potential in it's deep emotional theme, I feel like it could be done so much better with a lot of rehearsal, and some more effort. I was really disappointed by the rather poor performance. I wish them better luck in the future.

All in all, think The Tornado Open's first season went successfully, and I am looking forward to many season of greatness coming out of this event. I hope to see everyone again next, along with many new faces as the event grows each year. Thank you to everyone who came out to support these great groups. Can't wait untill next year!
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard