Login Create Account
In a CLASS of their own-Week 3 Review Drum Corps
alxmm98
This season, there have been many corps who have placed fairly high, but when it comes down to the home league of these corps, only one league can be named the best league in drum corps. It is insane that this wonderful league has been able to be so successful for such a long period of time, and the amount of effort that all of the corps that are in it put forth every single day is truly amazing. Although there are other nice looking drum corps leagues in FMA, CLASS is the only one that is truly dominate over the circuit, and it is going to take a lot of effort and energy to topple it from power. Although I believe that day will come one day, that day is not today. I think most of the FMA community can agree that right now, CLASS is the best drum corps league in the world, and possibly, in the history of the site.

The Corps League Association for Superior Sight and Sound was founded back in 1997 by a band director by the name of gcurrier. At first, this league venture started out small, but over time, grew to be the powerhouse that it is today. CLASS has won in many circuits besides FMA, including DCPI, FDCI, and VCL. Nearly everywhere this league has gone, it has been successful in. Its current reign in FMA is unmatched by any other league. For twelve straight seasons, a CLASS corps has won the D1 World Championships. In every season of its existence, a corps from CLASS has been in the top 5. The league has housed some of the best corps in FMA history. Nemisis is arguably the greatest drum corps ever, with ten world titles. Carolina Royals went on one of the best runs in FMA history, winning four straight world titles. Blue Deviled Eggs, who are no longer in CLASS, have been in the mix almost every season in division 1. The Tullahoma Azure Force is still the record holder for the highest score on finals night ever. And of course, we all know the infamous run that the Bluecoats are currently on. Overall, the quality of corps that has been produced by CLASS is unmatched. It is truly amazing to see this wonderful league flourish, and whether you are a fan of CLASS or not, you have to admit, they are one heck of a group of ensembles.

Currently, CLASS is dominating the D1 standings. Nine of the top 10 are from CLASS, and there are other groups who have done great as well. It is almost certain that CLASS will have a 13th straight world champion, unless there is an amazing push by a dark horse corps, which would truly be amazing, considering that many of the dark horse corps are from CLASS. In D2, Revolution is a serious contender for a world title, currently trailing Twilight Brigade and Aftershock NZ B. Revolution has represented CLASS well all season, and even though my corps is in FAME and I will be rooting for FAME corps, its hard not to root for them as well. The dedication shown by Revolution is inspiring. In D3, Kansas City Krown is in second place and is looking to medal and possibly win it all. Ever since their shocking move to CLASS, they have shaken the D3 world and have been performing significantly better. They rose from 4th to 2nd place in a matter of days.

All in all, CLASS has been the best league in FMA for a very long time, and they look like they are going to be at the top for quite awhile longer. With that being said, all reigns come to an end, and one day, a non CLASS corps will shock everyone and win the World Championship. Will it be a corps from the up start league FAME? Or will they be from the seasoned veteran leagues like CAMA and of course, MAoMA? Time will tell who will dethrone CLASS, but for right now, they are clearly, by far, the best league in FMA.

Below I have posted the CLASS standings. Thanks for reading!
1.Bluecoats (D1)
2.Nemesis (D1)
3.Leviathan (D1)
4.The Tullahoma Azure Force (D1)
5.Carolina Royals (D1)
6.Corps IBEX (D1)
7.Lexington Legends (D1)
8.Ragin Cajuns Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
9.The Holy Regiment (D1)
10.West Texas Thunder (D1)
11.Red Hand (D1)
12.Revolution (D2)
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Aaron0316
Very cool write up.. I appreciate the good sportsmanship .. It's very classy of you, no pun intended, to recognize the achievements of another league while staying loyal to your own. Keep it up. it might seem cheesy, but I mean it when I say, you make me proud :)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
Wow I am truly overwhelmed and humbled by such an honor and recognition as this. I know we have both our fans and detractors just like any successful organization will, but it is truly awesome that people realize it's from dedication and hard work that makes us so dominant. not to mention we have some of the nicest directors in the game, no joke. Along with some of the great directors and league leaders, I am truly inspired by my fellow CLASS directors and the spirit they bring to this activity. We do truly care about FMA more than our own success regardless of what some would have you believe and are excited about the future for CAMA, MAoMA and FAME as well as the potential return of Unspecified and what each bring to the activity. Thank you for such a well written and thoughtful tribute! It is good to have CLASS!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ