Login Create Account
Happy Show Announcement Day!
echstrumpet8
So, Prelims day is the day for show announcements. Who woulda thunk it.

My first full seasons are coming to a close here on FMA, and I'm excited for a clean slate! And now, announcements.

The Georgian Youth All-Star Band is coming from a top 50 Division 2 finish, which is pretty decent considering we never had a full season at Division 3.
Season 41 show? "QUEEN!" A medley of the immortal rock band we all (should) love.
First movement: We Will Rock You/ I Want It All
Second movement: Another One Bites the Dust/ Killer Queen
Third movement: Bohemian Rhapsody
Fourth movement: We Are The Champions

The Pride of Peachtree corp is currently contending for a Division 3 Finals spot, currently clocking in at #11. Coming off a Division 3 CLASS Championship, we are excited to announce our next show. For Season 41... "The Phantom of the Field". Basically its the "Phantom of the Opera" by Andrew Lloyd Webber, but on turf. We use music from the famous Broadway musical, but arranged for a drum corp.
First movement: Overture
Second movement: a.The Phantom of the Opera
Second movement: b. The Music of the Night
Third movement: All I Ask of You
Fourth movement: a. Masquerade/The Point of No Return
Fourth movement: b. Finale

The color guard group formerly known as Spin Cycle has a few announcements to make that are muy importante. First, after realizing there is a drum corp already named Spin Cycle, whom we have no affiliation with, we are changing our name to Spin and Rinse, effective February 1st. Next, we are announcing our plans to leave the Colonial Association of Guards at the conclusion of Season 41. We will run independent for a while until funds are gained to create a new color guard league (to be named later).
Finally, the Season 41 show...
"X". Simply "X". We explore the mystery, the horror, the unusualness (is that a word?) behind the letter. There is going to be some trippy stuff in this show. 10 minutes of mind explosions.

The drumline named Renegades is going through a minor name change also. To make us seem more official, we are being renamed The Renegade Drumline, effective February 1st. Everyone loves the capital The. Our Season 41 show? "Limp Stick". Sounds dirty, I know. But we promise it isnt. Remember those pool floaties shaped like noodles? Those might be making a guest appearance. Pure skill showcase from The Renegade Drumline next year.

From me to all of you, good luck with this year's Semifinals and Finals, and with preparation for a new season of FMA!

Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)