Login Create Account
Life After Death
Kiwidrummer
Haha, I thought the subject would catch your attention. OK, in FMA terminology, Rehearsal After Elimination.

Who does this? I mean, you just spent a whole dedicated season to just miss out on finals. You deserve a rest, right? Wrong! Not if you want to take advantage of every opportunity as it presents itself.

Three of my 4 A groups just bowed out of season 40. Instead of forgetting them til next season, we either continue to rehearse or fundraise until the new season begins. I think the latter is self explanatory, while you may question the reasoning behind continued rehearsals.

We understand the stat points for each caption will not carry over. What we do know is that director level, experience, influence, skill points, and money earned will carry to next season. So why not take advantage of an additional 28 hours to increase your stats. It could be that point or two you've been looking for.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you rehearse, fundraise, or just leave it til next season? Like I said earlier, all of my groups either rehearse nor fundraise, depending on our needs at the time.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
ASCoasters
Once I'm kicked from competition I set funds up on high and rehearse as normal, I started doing it after I saw someone else mention it a few seasons ago. I'll be doing the same thing for season 41 even though I won't be competing at all. :^)
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
Aaron0316
I always have rehearsed, even if the season is over or I'm fundraising, because no matter what, I still want to level up and earn skill points :-D If I am competing and do not make finals, I set the fundraising campaign on 60 to squeeze out a bit more money before the season ends.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
I agree, even though I'm not usually out at this point when I am knocked out I keep going and agree, increase the fundraising. Beyond all Mentioned above, it's also to keep the habit going! I dint like to get out of sync.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiowa
fundraise
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
MathMan
Yes to all
About 3.14% of people will try to eat this post
The Cube Drillers (FAME)
The Field Liners (BoA)
The Square Dancers (LEGS)
The Drum Circlers (PERC)
(nana nana) x4 MATHMAN! MATHMAN!
CTrain
Good to get that word out.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
Kopar199
I thought of the findraising thing, but hadn't even thought about the rehearsing thing
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard