Login Create Account
Wayne Installs New Head Director
WCHS
Good Evening,
It with heavy hearts we inform you today that our 9 season Director Russel Durst took his leave of retirement this week. But for many not knowing, this was a long time coming. The story here:

It seems that the prep team for this years show knew big things were going to happen as Russel was designing a show for the new millennium so to speak. "I wanted this show to be adaptable to all the new changes the new director will make", Russel told his band boosters late last evening as the show concept was revealed and talked about amongst the boosters with the new director.

Russel says that he has enjoyed his time here with Wayne and it was a great way to go out with a bang on his successful 40 year career, but many wonder and speculate who the reins are being passed onto. Turns out that it is no stranger to Russel.

The new director hails from Auburn, IN, a little town in northern Indiana just outside of Ft. Wayne. Russel says he met Tyler when he was a student of his and they later became friends as the chosen career path kept them in the cluster of professionals together. Tyler is a music educator in Indiana, and Kentucky. his short 4 year career has spanned both states and has numerous awards along with it. Russel says that he was a great choice for the program because he has been a fan of Wayne since the day he saw the program at FMA finals in season 20. He has since then had a hand in their program when Russel was installed as director. He looks forward to his time with Wayne and he says" Bear with me as we transition, no director change is never easy, thus is why i designed the show DISSOLVE, So that things may change in a materialistic way." He says that the art of the sport is his passion so expect a lot from this program in the coming years!

The end result, if you will, of the show Dissolve, is to transition the changes over a period of shows and countless weeks of practice and dedication.

Thanks for welcoming Tyler Cook on board as the new Director of Band at Wayne!!!

May the odds forever be in your favor!

Wayne
TC
------------WAYNE--------------
---Tradition of Excellence---
MrsRomo
Best of luck!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder