Login Create Account
Guards getting unequal attention??
WickedGuardie27
Is it just me or are there others that feel like the guards don't get as much attention on this game as the other groups do?
Guard is Love, Guard is Life.
FastForward
I have always had a Guard in FMA. However, Drum Corps & Marching Band do seem to be talked about more. Guard & Drum Line are less discussed.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
ASCoasters
They're less discussed because in the real world they're already less known and less popular. I figure the same translates into FMA.
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
crowleylex
Right, many people who play on FMA really don't do guard or play percussion instruments in real life and aren't familiar with it enough to know what to say about it.
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
CTrain
Wow, now that you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

I'm a percussion guy, who also happened to study dance on top of music (which is a whole other universe), and well, that thought never really crossed my mind. To me, guard is dancing essentially, with various forms of equipment (most popularly, flags, rifles and sabres, and variants of those), while moving them around via choreography to emulate the ideas of the music (audio or live), so if one was to do a write up, talk about the intense choreography, the emotion felt from the performance of members, guard or drumline.

Whenever I did WGI, that was the focus, appropriate emoting of the music, and visual performance aspects, especially with GE being the move for the future.

So, yeah, that would be the thing. Heck, I could do a write up for the Indoor stuff, get my feet wet, see if I'll get in the water.

Anyway, interesting observation, never thought of it that way, though there are commentators who are percussionists. Guard? I don't know for sure.

It'll be interesting to see.

OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
Aaron0316
Good news, I've been a guard guy in addition to being a musician for 24 years. I promise, and I don't make promises lightly, that I will do more guard write ups. It might not always be elaborate writing because real life gets in the way sometimes, but I will write more on here.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
EWP13
Unfortunately I do think drum corps and marching bands do get slightly more attention than drumlines and color guards on here.

And that's awesome you're (hopefully) going to do some guard write ups, Aaron0316! :)
Work Hard, Spin Hard, COLOR GUARD!
Aero Independent-Season 34 D3 Finalist-11th place-"Wicked"
The District- Season 54 D3 Finalist- 7th place- "UP"
Aero Independent- Season 59 D3