Login Create Account
Point of events?
yutsi
What exactly is the point of attending events? Is it just to gauge your current standing in relation to everyone else? Or do you earn money or influence through attending events?

[EDIT]: Never mind, I somehow missed in the game guide where it said that you gain influence through attending events.

Do you also earn money through attending events?
2012 - MHS Vibes
2013 - MHS Cymbals
2014 - MHS Quads
2016-2018 - DCI Quads Hopeful

Favorite corps: Cadets
SalukiShaffer
Because it's fun
SalukiShaffer
Aaron0316
In my opinion, there are quite a few reasons for attending events.

a) It's a part of the game to attend events and compete with others.

b) attending events may help your league, league mates, and friends earn money by contributing your influence.

c) If you place in the top 3 at an event, you add to your trophy case.

d) You get a score to see how well your rehearsal strategy is.

e) It's a fantasy. Would you be a director of a group and never allow your groups to perform and earn achievements or show off what you can achieve?

f) I believe, you do gain a bit of influence, although not much, for attending events

g) Because it's fun to win or strive to win :)

Can anyone add to this list?

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiowa
its so you can keep track of how your score increases thats it and to see where u need to make improvements in rehearsal
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
EWP13
It's fun seeing how your scores progress throughout the season. :)
Work Hard, Spin Hard, COLOR GUARD!
Aero Independent-Season 34 D3 Finalist-11th place-"Wicked"
The District- Season 54 D3 Finalist- 7th place- "UP"
Aero Independent- Season 59 D3
yutsi
Thanks, guys.
2012 - MHS Vibes
2013 - MHS Cymbals
2014 - MHS Quads
2016-2018 - DCI Quads Hopeful

Favorite corps: Cadets
Kopar199
I think one thing that isn't necessarily true on here, but definitely applies irl, is that throughout the season, live performances performances help give ensembles motivation to do well. For example my high school band almost always does better during marching season, because we have Friday night football games, and Saturday contests to help keep us on track, but during concert season we only have one competition, so we are practicing for months without any way to know were are scores are at. I just think it also generally makes it more fun.
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard