Login Create Account
League Money again
one4jmu
I looked through the forum and found this topic brought up before...but nothing happened. Some leagues have more money than they will ever spend. My leagues have been scheduling 30 member shows and charging $5 per ticket. We are spending the most possible for the least return. Still, we have the 'problem' of too much money.

Money sharing and leagues having other ways to spend money were earlier suggestions. I sweep out my league every season, so money sharing would not bother me because all my members are active.
Aaron0316
What exactly is the problem, though? Does it take away from the game? Does it interfere with how the league functions? I don't see the problem. There would be a problem with money sharing.

I dislike the money sharing idea. I believe it puts newer leagues at a disadvantage, even more so than they already are. Everyone would be flocking to CAMA, MAoMA, CLASS, and all other leagues that have existed on here from the early days of FMA, especially newer members, for easy money, because these leagues have millions stockpiling. Sure, you can be selective about who you let join, but that doesn't change the fact that newer leagues still need all the money that they can earn to function well and thrive. It's fine the way it is. Be grateful that you can be comfortable scheduling tier 6 shows every day.

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
AAustin19
lol i dont like the idea either. earn the money on your own, instead of mooching off the league.. some people already have several accounts with boosted influence to boost their primary accounts. .i'm pretty sure some leagues would have several people with several alt accounts sharing these millions and boosting their staff levels.. it's a ridiculous idea and I hope it never happens. what's wrong with earning it the old fashioned way ? if it ever happens several people will be maxing out levels faster than they should.. what fun will it be if everyone starts scoring a 100.. okay.. i'm done about that lol

I am curious what other suggestions are there besides money sharing? bigger events?
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
crowleylex
I'm also curious about what other suggestions there are. Money sharing is only a good idea if your league's got the excess funds to do it! lol I don't think it's a good idea. There isn't a problem with having an excess of funds.
On the other hand, I understand wanting to do more with the excess funds.
I don't like that you can only create one Tier 7 event (the championship event that allows an unlimited amount of groups to join). There shouldn't be a limit to how many of those you can create in a season.
Perhaps there could be a cap on how much a league can make. It could cap at 1,000,000. That gives enough to create Tier 6 shows every day. Create more than one show a day. Create 2 Tier 6 shows a day LOL
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
FinalFantasy
orr.. you can set a limit on how much is distributed each season, perhaps 10k?. . Of course, it could destroy the integrity of the game. You'd have to trust that the funds were being distributed evenly and like you stated, there are lots of folks with alt accounts. It would be too easy to boost an account. People could create a league for self-interest and distribute money to themselves.
AlanLovesMe
agreed I see money sharing having a negative effect on the integrity of the game. There must be something else leagues can do with their excess funds or leave it the way it is. I've seen no other proposals which is probably why nothing happened.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
one4jmu
Excuse me for asking Aaron0316. Money sharing was not my idea, but the main suggestion brought up earlier and I happen to not have an issue with it. It would be up to someone above my paygrade to make the distribution fair. And the issue comes when members see all this money and assume I am hoarding it or, worse, using it for myself. I have several new players in my leagues that don't yet understand this aspect of the game.
one4jmu
Thanks for the suggestion of bigger events AAustin19. I would like that as well. I have a lot of small groups in some leagues that do not make it into a lot of events, this would give them more chances to participate. And, I'll be "grateful that I am comfortable scheduling [larger] shows each day."
Aaron0316
I know it's not your idea. Nevertheless, it's an idea that I dislike and I have shared my opinion. There is no way to make it fair to new leagues who don't have the millions stockpiling. I guarantee, these smaller, or newer leagues would lose members, because everyone would flock to the older leagues for the easy money. In addition, it just increases these older leagues' dominance if their members are making more money each season than members of other leagues can make. Of course you don't have an issue with that.

If you're worried about the newer members not understanding the game, take the time to explain to them how it works. It's that simple.

There must be something else you can do with your millions, other than creating the opportunity for leagues to steal members from other leagues with their "money" incentive.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
one4jmu
I do take the time to explain it. But explaining it 15 times a season is not that simple. Another suggestion from within my leagues is to have winnings for placement in events, but you will shoot that down too. It would build up smaller leagues, because people would more likely place better in those leagues than the older, established ones. Creating the opposite effect of money sharing. They are brainstorming ideas instead of saying just be happy and quiet. Having excess money does not necessarily take away from game play, but it doesn't mean we should just let it sit there forever.
crowleylex
Placement in the smaller leagues has no effect on interleague placement ... like at Fma finals..members in older leagues will have more money to boost their staff levels. it's not at all fair.. and if you're just giving the winners money, it's not fair to everyone in the league either

I stand by my suggestion. Put a cap on how much a league can make like at 1 million. If a league already exceeds that amount, no money is earned until it goes below that level. Problem solved. . you still can create events without having an excess of funds. It's fair for everyone in every league ;-)
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
Aaron0316
That is a very reasonable idea, Lex. Having a cap eliminates the excess funds "problem," and it forces a founder to actually budget each season. One4jmu seems to overlook the fact that money sharing only works for more "established" leagues.

One4jmu, of course I want you to be happy :) Though, I was not implying that you should just "be happy and be quiet." What I meant was that some leagues struggle to create events because of a lack of funds. Therefore, a founder of these more established leagues with excess funds should be grateful that he or she mustn't struggle to provide for his or her league, and I'm not implying that you are ungrateful; it's just a general statement.

Money sharing would not build up a smaller league, because every league, especially a smaller one, cannot afford to award its member with money. In my opinion, I like it the way that it is, such as joining a league for community, for access to exclusive events, and for priority acceptance to your league mates' events, not for money. Even if your league could afford to award its top 3, you would be excluding a heck of a lot of groups. No matter how you look at it, there are, and always will be a handful of seasoned players who always win and always have the upper hand. Ideally it sounds wonderful, but realistically it's a bad idea.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
one4jmu
I'm not overlooking that fact; it has been a fact since the first time it was ever asked. I thought maybe someone had a new idea for it. I understand the point and I'm sorry that having an established league would make me a bad guy in that situation. AAustin19 asked earlier about bigger events. This would help use money faster even if I operate at a loss. In terms of fairness, in real life, think of it as Bands of America being able to hold more and larger events than USSBA. This is a fantasy game simulating reality; sometimes larger organizations have an advantage. It just seems a waste to have that money there and virtually nothing to do with it.

Aaron0316
I completely understand your frustration. Here is something to consider, though. As a whole, everyone on FMA already competes for applicants to earn money off of individual (regular season) events, but in general, nobody wins money. We compete for medals, trophies, and the chance to make finals. If we start awarding groups with money for winning league events, it would change the infrastructure of the game. More people would be applying for league events, instead of regular season events, because they'd want the chance to earn extra cash to spend on staff upgrades.

However, I totally support increasing the size of events and eliminating the limit on how many championship events a league can host each season. Obviously by having a more established league, a league has the advantage of spending more. That doesn't make you a bad guy by no means :)

Maybe we could give groups trophies for winning league events, especially league championships. Spend league money to customize the trophies or awards.

.... and if nothing more, put a cap on how much a league could make. (lol) That really seems like the most logical idea. I don't know how much money your leagues have, but I imagine you could operate well at a loss for quite a few seasons until you drop below the cap.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
AAustin19
if this is an old issue the reality is all this brainstorming is a waste of time. who is gonna make the change? i don't see alex making any changes any time soon. there are a lot of bugs and things that need to be fixed so add this one to the list

one4jmu
Sorry to waste time. I thought I'd use the suggestion forum to...make a suggestion. I'm out.
AAustin19
lol ... well because you wanted to get real.. I thought I'd get real too.. stop by any time ..

FastForward
Maybe the answer is to have groups that need to raise money schedule shows on specific weeks in any given season & have higher influence groups attend these shows on a pre-confirmed basis ... Similar to the Inter-league competitions that have been hosted by groups in the past ... A system would need to be created to determine which groups would be rewarded with a higher influence show ... Maybe it would be D1, D2, D3 groups that either placed top 3 or potentially won their league championship.

This might incentivize groups that need money to be active in order to be rewarded.

Just a thought.

FastForward
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.