Login Create Account
Inside FMADC - July 24th 2010
MazzusK
This has been a fairly busy week in the Drum Corps world. 2 Regionals, and 28 other shows, for a total of 30 this week(2nd consecutive week with 30 shows. In comparison, there were 56 shows the first week of the season) made for a lot of competitions.

Division I
Perception Drum and Bugle Corps is still on top of Division I. They have yet to be beaten this season. The question of whether their near-2 point lead can be closed down, seems to be only a formality at this point. Shades of New Orleans has climbed back into the Top 5, this time taking 2nd. Lambs of Destruction, another former member of the DI Top 5, rejoins the top of the pack in 3rd. But the story, as has always been the case this season, is Perception D&BC running away with the Division I Gold.

Division II
Like their DI counterparts, Band Geeks have not been beaten this season. And, with nearly 3 point separating them from the rest of the pack it appears that they will not suffer defeat at all this season. Carolina Cadets and Indiana Sound are currently 2 and 3 respectively, and are very close to one another. The Division II Gold Medal seems to already be headed to Virginia, so the rest of the Division will be fighting for Silver and Bronze.

Division III
The Golden Knights retained their top spot in Division III, but hold only a small lead over 2nd place Bleu Raeders. After performing for just the third time this season, Stardusters found their way into the Top 5 once again, this time taking 3rd. Division III seems to be closing down a bit, as more and more Corps put in consistent performances. The Golden Knights seem to be benefiting from this the most, despite having not performed for 2 days.

Division I Top 5
1. Perception Drum & Bugle Corps – 70.235
2. Shades of New Orleans – 68.095
3. Lambs of Destruction – 67.475
4. Blue Deviled Eggs – 66.120
5.Midland Valley Redcoats – 65.400

Division II Top 5
1. Band Geeks – 64.035
2. Carolina Cadets – 60.935
3. Indiana Sound – 59.965
4. Eclipse Drum Corps – 59.580
5.Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps – 59.290

Division III Top 5
1. The Golden Knights – 62.050
2. Bleu Raeders – 61.610
3. Stardusters – 59.295
4. Crescent City Rebels – 58.100
5.BlueGrass Brigade – 58.055

Top Brass -
D1 – Yellow People D2 – Band Geeks D3 – Blue Horns
Top Percussion -
D1 – Perception Drum & Bugle Corps D2 – Band Geeks D3 – Bleu Raeders
Top Guard -
D1 – Perception Drum & Bugle Corps D2 – Open All Knights D3 – Bleu Raeders
Top GE(Music) -
D1 – Perception Drum & Bugle Corps D2 – Indiana Sound D3 – The Golden Knights
Top GE(Visual) -
D1 – Shades of New Orleans D2 – Band Geeks D3 – The Golden Knights

Apologies for not updating this past week. I had band camp with one of the high schools I tech. It’s always fun getting to watch the kids get into the show and start to completely grasp it and have that “ah-ha” moment and figure out a lick that was kicking their butts. I have band camp again with another school next week, but they do a ‘stay-at-home camp’ so I should be able to do my daily updates.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have been to DCI Shows this season? What did you think? And, for those who haven’t gone, are you planning on going to one of the remaining shows/finals or are you watching on Fan Network?

Daily Numbers
816 – Highest Attendance Last Night: Probably The Best Show Ever
Director of The Wolves Musical and Visual Arts, a non-profit based out of Dacula, Georgia

Former FMA Drum Corps staff writer.
ismensink
I went to DCI minnesota. that was interesting, we didnt get to see any top 10 corps because of a tornado warning, how fun.
hi
katkatastrophe
I'm going to the show in Massilon on August 3rd.
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

Novak
I went to Akron on July 9th for shows, I'm going to the show in Massilon to watch some lot stuff.
bando
It seems Divisions 1 and 2 have groups just way ahead of the pack. Makes you almost wish you were in Division 3! Haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
20DM12
Do u think we can get a predictions run down like drumline has
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds
lowbrass07
Agree with 20DM12. Predictions FTW.
Resilience (Drum and Bugle Corps)- D1
Shadows (Marching Band) - D1
Skyline (Winter-guard) - D1
The Thunder (Drum-line) - D1
FMA WEST
MazzusK
I'll hopefully have my predictions done by tomorrow night(would be tomorrow morning, but I have Band Camp Part II). I've been working on them over the weekend and wanted to wait to see the results from the regional tonight.
Director of The Wolves Musical and Visual Arts, a non-profit based out of Dacula, Georgia

Former FMA Drum Corps staff writer.
Prof
knock knock.....hello ?

HELLO ? is anyone home ?
BlueDevils
Lol, right? Stupid real world getting in the way FMA.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Prof
Well, I'll throw up some predictions for Saturday night

Division 1

80.125 Preception breaks 80 and retakes the lead after 4 days off
78.350 Sapphire Sound with 6 days off jumps to 2nd place
77.550 Darkness takes 3rd after 4 days off
77.120 Bureacrats move into 4th after 5 days off
75.775 Shades falls to 5th place

Division 2

73.750 Band Geeks
69.220 Carolina