Login Create Account
FAME Championship Write Up Season 41(Top 5)
alxmm98
I apologize for the long wait. School, band, and life have all been getting in the way, but I promised a write up, so here it is. Hope the top 5 enjoy it!

Ghost Riders followed up the amazing show that Aftershock NZ performed, and boy did they show up. After three seasons of touring the same show to prepare for season 41 D1 finals, Ghost Riders took the field in Tokyo and amazed the crowd. The best parts of their show, "A Winter's Night", were the stunning visuals and the overall ensemble sound of the corps. This corps had one of the best balanced sounds in the entire competition, and there were many beautiful moments in this long awaited final performance. If it weren't for the tough competition, Ghost Riders would've easily taken first, but they would have to settle for a 5th place finish, and a score of 91.73.

Defiant Hearts were back in the spotlight with their amazing and long awaited finished production of "Harmonic Journey", and they did not let up one bit. This will be regarded as one of the greatest musical performances in FAME history, and had the crowd on their feet towards the huge finale. Once again, visuals and ensemble sound were the strong parts of this show, but there were many powerful moments out on the field. This was also one of the most beautiful performances of the night, and it truly felt like a harmonic journey. Defiant Hearts took 4th place, and a score of 92.27.

Another classic was put on the field, this time by Devil Crusaders. Their show, "New Era Metropolis", depicted the rise of a city, but this was only a metaphor of the true message. This corps has risen quite a bit since they first entered FMA in season 36, and they wanted to show the audience how many trials and tribulations were in their way before they rose to prominence. This show was very strong and musical, and was also downright inspiring. The Devil Crusaders took the bronze medal, and a score of 92.34.

Phantom Legion took the field next with their instant classic, "New World Symphony". This show, inspired by the Phantom Regiment classic, had some of the most easily recognizable pieces of music in the entire competition, and the crowd loved every bit of it. The closer was the best part, as its sheer power blew fans away. It was arguably some of the best three minutes of drum corps in this competition. The percussion section was very good, and had the second best performance in the competition. Overall, this show will also be remembered as one of the best in FAME history, and it was definitely worthy of a silver medal finish, and a score of 92.355.

As soon as Spirit of Atlantis stepped onto the field, the crowd erupted into a deafening roar. This corps was clearly a crowd favorite, especially among the many Atlanteans who traveled to Tokyo all the way from the bottom of the ocean. The powerful religious show, "Angelus!" started out quite peacefully with the ringing of Angelus bells. This peaceful tranquility soon ended quite abruptly however, when the entire corps played their first humongous chord. The crowd immediately stood up in approval, and the rest was history. This was one of the most powerful, yet balanced performances of the night, and it was clearly an instant FAME classic before it was even completed. This show will be remembered as one of the most important shows in FAME history, as the first finalist show. The visuals and musical performance will be remembered long after this season, and the crowd and judges all agreed that this show was clearly the best of the night. Spirit of Atlantis took the Gold Medal, and a score of 92.51.

Congratulations on such a wonderful and inspiring season. FAME has really grown since its first season, and the rest of the FMA community better take notice soon, because our time is coming. This is the first step in FAME becoming a powerhouse league, and soon, a FAME corps will shock all of FMA, and get first place at D1 finals. This league is no doubt on the rise, and its because of all of our dedicated directors who put in work every season. We are seeing huge results. Congrats Spirit of Atlantis, and all of FAME on another great season!
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Chapstick
I am glad that the crowd loved us. We feel like Madison Scouts - always low balled. Angelus was more like Carolina Crown 2005. I admired that show when I saw it at finals. I followed it all year. I loved how it evolved. Therefore, I got the inspiration for this show to do my own version. It was Crown meets Madison Scouts, both crowd pleasers ..
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato