Login Create Account
Whats the fastest way to score high
linksyr1
ive noticed that my groups overall score has just gone up around 1 or 2 point in about 2 to 3 weeks
Im going all the way up
ASCoasters
Are you rehearsing as often as you can? Are you fundraising at the same time? Fundraising will take out energy and make you gain points a lot slower. If you check out my gains (I rehearse very very consistently with no fundraising), I've gone up about 10 since the season started. I also try to keep all of my captions as even as possible (no favoring towards GE etcetc).
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
linksyr1
why is keeping captions even important, rather than favoring GE first and then everything else second?
Im going all the way up
ASCoasters
I mean I used to favor GE first (every season until now) which seemed to do alright but then I would forget to do the other ones later, this season I've noticed I'm consistently going higher and higher with keeping everything fairly even so I guess that's just what works for me.

ChrisRohn
Drumline tip: Don't let Visual Ensemble suffer.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
linksyr1
for next season when im creating a show, most of the levels are at a minimum of 8 for difficulty, around where would be a good difficulty level?
Im going all the way up
linksyr1
thanks for the helps guys i went up a whole point or two from the last show
Im going all the way up
ASCoasters
I normally pick 1 or 2 below the highest level for each section, this year I think they were all 12?

linksyr1
ok thanks for the help
Im going all the way up
linksyr1
how about our staff, all of mine are at a minimum of 14. is that good for now or should i keep on upgrading them
Im going all the way up
Kiwidrummer
I always upgrade when I can.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
marimbaman89
Are you rehearsing as often as you can and never missing any submissions? That's the most important thing.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
SpartanS63
My personal strategy is to hit up GE hard in the first bits of the season because it makes up the greatest part of your score. The past couple seasons, I've waited until I get to about 25k GE points and then I worry about balancing out music and winds. The GE rehearsals help me with Music Ensemble and Music Performance. I do separate Visual Performance rehearsals to have that keep parity with GE. In the end, I've been scoring in the low 90s. I think a lot of it has to do with my underdeveloped staff.
linksyr1
OMG 25K mine are barley at 9-14k each
Im going all the way up
SpartanS63
At this point I'm at ~27k GE and ~18K music and whatnot. It just comes from playing for many many seasons. I already start at almost 10k (IIRC) GE because of the staff I have. The more cash I make, the more staff I rank up and the better off I start at the beginning of each season. It's the nature of the game. The more you play, the better you get.

It's as if no one in your corps ever ages out and is always in perfect condition.