Login Create Account
A change in leagues
Booster37
Hello everyone!

It has been an awfully long time since I last posted in the forums. I mainly have focused my attention on tending to my groups and developing them to compete.

I have played for some time, back in the days of FMB and moved onto FMA before disappearing for a few years. Then I returned in Season 27 (fully in Season 28) and enjoyed being back. I had started my drum corps in MAoMA, but once I got my other groups started and later joined the Colonial Association, I left MAoMA and joined CAMA to keep it uniform (I actually never got around to telling them that was the reason for my departure, but there it is several months overdue) and have been there since Season 29 if my memory serves me right.

It has been a good 15 seasons with the CA, but it does appear I will have to take my leave. For the first time, all four of my groups qualified for the Division 1 finals in the same season and there is no question I am thrilled with what I have built. Even though they do not stand a chance to win, I'm just happy they all qualified. However, with that came the realization that my groups are ruining any competition within the Colonial Association. All of my groups were at least 10 points ahead of the next strongest CA group around finals time and I feel I am doing a disservice to fair play. So with that, I will be either considering joining a league that is more challenging for my groups or staying independent.

I would like to thank the Colonial Association for 15 seasons of supporting me and wish all those competing in those leagues the best.

I hope there are leagues interested in my groups and the possibility of what they can bring to the competition. I would prefer one that has a spot in all 4 areas, once again keeping them uniform.
echstrumpet8
PEARL has a stacked Division 1 when everyone is not fundraising. We might be a drumline-only league, but we would like to have you if you're interested. If you want to join leagues with a similar "core" to PEARL, then FAME, BRAVO, and ROTC would probably be your best bet.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
Kiwidrummer
Hey Booster37. I couldn't agree more. I guess it depends on what you want out of a league. PEARL is a very active league with a growing number of percussion ensembles. As you are, we are having our best season to date, with 4 finalists in DI. Your scores seem to be inline with our top DI lines, which can only be good for competition. Our board is pretty active, we have season awards, etc, not to mention an accommodating league schedule. So we would love to have you with us.

Now ROTC, BRAVO!, and FAME are basically sister leagues, with a nucleus of groups who joined FMA in season 36/37. All 3 are active as PEARL is, so we would love to have you with us there too. BTW, PEARL is our "adopted" sister league. All four leagues share a very common membership.

Congrats on a successful season. All 4 of my DI groups made finals for the first time together. Neat feeling....

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Booster37
I will certainly give it a thought during the offseason. Thanks for the invite!
Booster37
I appreciate all those who did send me an invite! Thank you so much!

At this current time, I will stay as an independent just to test those waters. If I feel that our groups would like to rejoin a league, we'll do so when we are ready and if an offer still stands.
Penny
I enjoy the leagues I am in. ICE and FLAG are newer leagues and I'm sure if you message MrsRomo she would send you an invite should you choose join a league after your time as an Indy!
MrsRomo
Penny is right. ;) best of luck this season!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD