Login Create Account
Carolina Crown 2015
Aaron0316
In case you missed it, the 2015 DCI season already has kicked off, and one corps in particular is already giving away the goods. It's the Carolina Crown 2015 preview show posted on YouTube. Watch soon, in case someone has a cow that it's posted. What are your reactions? Will it be a hit or a miss for Carolina Crown 2015?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSu-2EugT7E
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
going to be a great show--brass as one would expect seemed very strong to me--percussion was solid but not a top spot contender as of now--visually, its pre-season and it shows--a lot of work and finishing to do. Guard will keep adding but i suspect compared to others about where they should be and will be top 5. Cant wait to see how it stacks up Wednesday at the theater!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
RedEastMovement
I'm conflicted. Crown brought me into DCI with E=MC^2 and I was somewhat disappointed when OOTW didn't grab another Gold performance for them. By now, I'd also gotten hooked to Phantom Regiment and Bluecoats, who also have phenomenal shows coming up (Can't wait to #Phrench and see Kinetic Noise).

If they get Dies Irae perfect, I hope they will go Gold this yet again!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Rekkas
In my opinion, Crown is taking it a bit safe after last season. Inferno is a bit more classic style than they have had in the past couple years. I love it so far but it didnt really jump out at me. I went to the Blue Way camp last weekend, the 6th and 7th, and I had the opportunity to get a preview to Kinetic Noise. They ran most of their show on the field for us and it was amazing!. Truly I believe it may be better than Tilt! I am very excited for Kinetic Noise. Blooooo!!!
Thunderbirds Drum and Bugle Corps (ICE)
Aviators Marching Band (BoA)
Aviators Drumline (PERC)
Aviators Guard (ROTC)
Aaron0316
I definitely can see this show evolving to become top 3. Brass is very strong as expected. Visual performance is very demanding. I am pulled in right away; the opener is sickening. Colorguard is showing much demand and executing well very early and sustains it throughout the entire performance. The percussion feature is outstanding, musically and visually.

I do not agree that they are playing it safe. This show is very technical. I am glad that they do not have an overwhelming amount of props on the field. The classic style is what they are able to pull off and make it modern and innovative.

I haven't seen Bluecoats or Phantom 2015, but I will continue to follow all shows, including Carolina Crown 2015, and report it.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
SpartanS63
With all the things I've seen so far, it's probably looking like a Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown top-3 year. I figure the Blue Devils will take gold again and Carolina Crown and the Bluecoats will duke it out for second and third.

Things could change though. But the Blue Devils seem solid this year, as always.
echstrumpet8
I'm seeing the Premiere at the movies tonight. I'll have a better idea afterwards.

I'm a little disappointed that SCV wont be at the Premiere.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
Aaron0316
I want to attend the premiere very badly, but I have a rehearsal with Band Together tonight.. BOO!!!

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier2
Cadets aren't in the top 3 talk? That show is going to be unreal come finals. Ill wait to fully declare but so far they are my number one spot.
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
echstrumpet8
Well Gary, you were on to something there...
Bailey Knight
Aaron0316
In general, I really like the Cadets. Unfortunately I don't know anything about their 2015 show, yet. In fact, Crown's show is the only one I've seen so far this season. That will change very soon when I subscribe to the DCI fan network :)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
echstrumpet8
Cadets looked good tonight. I like their show this year. I really didnt like their show last year.
Bailey Knight
gcurrier
I've said it over and over... Cadets we're pure adrenaline! I wasn't a fan last year either but this year HOLY COW!

gcurrier
DCI live now Aaron! Of course there will be complaint but I like the new format, I think it will work better based on playing around the other night and more shows and if you did buy finals like I did last year than this year is actually LESS

rhythmicthinking
Cadets are insane this year. 226bpm drum break, Shostakovich's 10th to its fullest.
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
theamazing1
How bout CC 2016 ;). Relentless is a great way to describe the group this season.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard