Login Create Account
Marching Somewhere
RedEastMovement
I know many probably won't notice this thread and won't reply, but if anyone does read this, I would just like to discuss their personal marching band and drum corps in general. Its been too long since I saw a post like this, honestly. Many posts today generally concern only BOA and DCI, which I love to discuss, but there are many more band programs that compete outside BOA and certainly more drum corps that compete outside DCI (like DCA, etc.)

So for starters, I'm in my senior year (#ClassOf2016) as a Bb Clarinet in the Euless-Trinity Marching Band here in Euless, TX. Other than people I may have talked to before, many might or might not know that Euless-Trinity is the sister school and rival of Hurst-LD Bell in Hurst, TX.

Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
echstrumpet8
I'm entering my junior year (and my second marching season) as a trumpet at East Coweta High School in Sharpsburg, Georgia. We are a BOA band that usually places in the mid teens at the BOA Atlanta Superegional. Harrison HS is always on our football schedule, so we get a lot of exposure to the elite bands in Georgia.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
ASCoasters
I've never heard of Euless-Trinity, do you guys compete anywhere?

That's awesome echstrumpet! Have you ever gone to grand nats?

I go to William Mason, from Mason Ohio. This is my junior year and I'm on bass 3, last year at BOA grant nats we placed 5th. Hopefully we keep this climb...
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
Aaron0316
I admired my older brother. When he was playing trumpet in Alton High School Marching 100, I went to every performance and competition. He's the one who introduced me to drum corps when Star of Indiana won the 1991 championship. My sister did guard. By the time I was in the 8th grade, I was spinning flags better than the entire high school line. I almost became the first 8th grader in high school band.

When I finally reached high school, I became a flute section leader. Our band was not BOA but we weren't bad. We kicked butt in the region. (The band was better when my brother and sister marched). We went to Eastern IL University, U of IL, ISU in normal, IL, and the trans World dome (now edward jones).

Our biggest rivals in the area were O'Fallon High School, Parkway West, Prospect High School... Most of the MO bands close to St. Louis and the Metro East.

I almost marched Glassmen 2001 Colorguard. I made it through all the camps but had my head up my partner's arse, so to speak, that I decided not to do it. I will fulfill my marching dream and march DCA, possibly with Minnesota Brass.

Currently I march guard with an LGBT non-profit organization in St. Louis, Band Together. Our marching band will be marching once again in the upcoming pride parade.

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
echstrumpet8
Unfortunately no, I havent been to Grand Nationals. I dont think the band has EVER gone. There have been rumors about going next season (my senior year). Gosh, I hope those rumors hold true. We usually make finals at our BOA regionals (Jacksonville, Powder Springs), but its been a couple seasons since we made finals at the Dome.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
RedEastMovement
ASCoasters, forgive me for the very late reply, and I don't know if you'll even notice this, but here's to hoping!

Yes, we do compete every year around the Dallas/Fort Worth area, notably in Midlothian, Aledo, Wylie, and Duncanville. We don't compete on the BOA track out of our directors' discretion. I asked him why this is and he simply is just wanting to be as confident as possible before taking us to another BOA competition (the last times the band performed in BOA, let us just say that the results were pretty dismal at best).

Because of this, we don't get to see Hurst-LD Bell that much except for our famous LD Bell vs. Trinity football game and every other year at the UIL Area B Marching competition (en-route to State).

This past year, we've gotten a 1st Place at Midlothian (the first in many years), 7th in Wylie, 8th in UIL Area B (the first time in years that we've cracked finals at Area B; Hurst-LD Bell was 5th, the alternate to go to State if Haltom could not go), and 7th again in Duncanville.

Sorry for the extensive posts. Like you said, many people usually don't know us, but I do like to say that Trinity is getting up there with the best of the bands in our area of competition c:

UIL Area B Competition Finals Run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQzNQdzqOFc
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
diego2018
Hey, I went to Haltom the past year.
davidmsmith87
My name is David Smith, getting my Masters Degree in Graphic Designer from Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL. I did marching band in high school at Durant High School in Tampa, FL then marched at Troy University in Troy, AL.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
cjbuckley1997
I'm in my final season at Marple Newtown High School near Philadelphia. We don't compete nationally, just in Cavalcade of Bands, but we've had a lot of success there, and most proudly finishing first in the Yankee Open Division and third overall last season with a score of 96.0
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS