Login Create Account
FMA Spotlight-Carolina Royals
alxmm98
The Carolina Royals have been one of FMA's premier corps for a very long time. In its rich history, FMA has seen many corps, but very few have been as consistent as the Royals. Since season 26, the corps has always placed in the top 3 at FMA finals. That's 17 straight top 3 finishes, one of them being a Division 2 World Championship victory, and six of them being Division 1 World Championship victories. The Royals are clearly one of the best corps in all of FMA.

Despite all of its achievements, the Royals have not always had good times. When the reorganization of FMA occurred in 2010, all of the original corps were affected negetively. Stricter judges and higher standards caused many corps to score low in their first season, including Carolina Royals. In season 1, they got off to an absolutely horrible start, posting a score of 49.915 at FMA West. The corps fought all season, but failed to make finals after placing 23rd at semis. Then next season was a bit better, but the corps still wasnt performing at the typical Carolina standard, and again failed to make finals after placing 27th. As season 3 rolled around, the Royals were nowhere to be found. For unknown reasons, the corps folded. Fans would not see them on the field again until season 20.

In an unexpected turn of events, the Carolina Royals returned in season 20, although they found themselves irrelevant in FMA, and relegated into D2. The corps would remain irrelevant until season 23, with their properly titled show, "Resurrection". Many people view the corps' championship winning shows as their best, but I personally see Resurrection as at least the corps' most important show to date. They placed 11th at D2 finals that season, and let the whole FMA world know that they were back.

The show revived a once forgotten corps, and it propelled them to the season 26 production that boosted them into 9th place. The show "." would become very iconic among FMA fans, and would be remembered as a classic. Despite this great show, nobody could have ever predicted that the Royals would put together what they did the very next season. In season 27, the Royals surprised everyone by winning D2 finals with a score of 95.775. Many thought that it was a fluke, but after that legendary performance, there was no looking back for the Royals.

Season 28 marked the beginning of FMA history. The Carolina Royals won the D1 title in their first season in the division, and never took any steps back. They won three more championships, back to back to back. Ever since then the Royals havent placed below 3rd at finals, and they have proved that they are one of the most consistent corps to ever compete. They have even taken advantage of the current situation the past few seasons, with the absence of the Bluecoats, and have added another two titles to their trophy case, giving them seven in total, including their D2 title. In D1, the corps is only behind Nemesis for the most titles, and they are on course to possibly break that record in the near future.

In season 23, a king was resurrected, and for 22 seasons, he has bulit up his kingdom, and has expanded to many territories. And now, this king looks to rule FMA outright. But, every king must have his rival, and Nemesis, a 10 time D1 World Champion, just will not go away. They too have been buliding up their empire over the years. But, that is a story for another day.
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
alxmm98
This is the start of a new series of history articles on FMA corps. Hope you guys like it, ik i havent posted in awhile. Please, leave ANY comments for me to read, good or bad. I love to see what ppl think of my work
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
echstrumpet8
This is great! Can't wait to read these for other top corps.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
Kiwidrummer2
Nice....very nice!

Rekkas
I like it
Thunderbirds Drum and Bugle Corps (ICE)
Aviators Marching Band (BoA)
Aviators Drumline (PERC)
Aviators Guard (ROTC)
gcurrier
Great review of a very storied and CLASS act corps! We are proud to count them both as our longest lasting adversary and among our closest competitive friends!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
alxmm98
Thank you all for the support! Next up is Nemesis, then either Blue Deviled Eggs or Bluecoats
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
saxamattone
Wow...I don't know what to say!

That's pretty cool of you to do that!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
RedEastMovement
Very cool article! Can't wait to see more of this!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
contra2014
Very cool!! I can't wait to read more of these!
K.K.M.B.- 1x D2 Champion, 1x D2 Silver Medalist
K.K.C.G.- 3x D2 Champion
Drums forever- 2x D2 Silver Medalist
K.K.D.C.- 1x D2 Silver Medalist, 1x D2 Bronze Medalist
corndogshuffle
This is great. Can't wait for the next one. If you don't mind I might steal this idea for the marching band side!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
alxmm98
corndogshuffle that is perfectly fine with me. I love reading just as much as I love writing. Also thank yoy everyone for the support. Sorry i havent posted the next spotlight, ive been on vacation. But im driving home, and will post another one within the next few days!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President