Login Create Account
Recognizing a Champion- survey!
saxamattone
I want to thank everyone for your input. Here are the results:

66.67% Nemisis (gcurrier) - the highest scoring non-fastforward group
27.78% Perfect Explosion (fastforward) with an *asterisk* for having played unethically
5.56% Perfect Explosion (fastforward)

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
cjbuckley1997
Oh wow, that's great! How many votes were there?
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Also, would this be the way the champions in the other circuits are recognized?
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier
thank you everyone--i appreciate the support as we worked hard to make this a non-issue, yet compete with integrity.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FastForward
Who put saxamattone or gcurrier in charge of FMA ... The answer would be No One ... Self imposed thought control is quite hilarious !!! If you want to win then get the high score ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
saxamattone
"Also, would this be the way the champions in the other circuits are recognized?" - CJ

I would say that if a group wins and the FMA community feels they had won unethically, that might be considered for a vote by the FMA community to determine who should be recognized.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
corndogshuffle
It's good to see that FMA as a whole takes winning with ethics seriously. This is a resounding victory for doing things the right way. By a blind vote, we have determined that only one person in FMA thinks that FF deserves respect... and that person is quite biased on the subject. We can never make FF stop claiming his "Championships," but he can never make us take him seriously. And ultimately, what good does it do him to win when nobody considers him the winner anyway?

gcurrier doesn't need a poll to gain respect or a Gold Medal. His record speaks for itself, and that is not the point. saxamattone doesn't need a poll for validation either. Anyone who thinks this is about winning is missing the point badly.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
As I said many many times, the respect of my peers is paramount to what we do and why we stay. I do that not just here, but in life. Trust and respect is earned, not stolen, not anything you can twist the rules to get, not anything you can gain by being a self-centered egomaniac. I'm thrilled to know that the FMA community stands strong together, not in support OF ME, as I have very very little to do with this, but AGAINST unethical play. Though I do think if FMA DID vote on who to put in charge, sax and I would have a pretty damn good chance, because we would be TRUSTED to do what's right for FMA, not just ourselves.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ