Login Create Account
Interview responses
TeamQuavers
Here's cire's response:

What’s the name of your unit, and what inspired its name?
We are known as The Drumming Dummers. Our name comes from the vast array of members we try to recruit each season. The only requirement that our members must have is that they are so into drumming that they do not go to school and are basically.. well dumb. They can drum and march though, so that is all we care about.

What’s the name of your show, and what was the inspiration behind coming up with it?
Our season 1 show is entitled Sticks. The repertoire is an all original masterpiece written by someone we found in India for only $2 an hour. Throughout the show we introduce the audience to the various types of drum sticks used around the world for different styles of drumming. Our visual program is a one of a kind show that features 1 pair of drumsticks that move up and down at various speeds simulating the different type of drumming. This may not seem very exciting, but watching our members march and jazz run up and down at 250bpm perfectly is always a fun sight.

How do you think you did this season?
Well the season is not yet over, but so far we are somewhat pleased with our performances. In the smaller shows we have always placed 1st, and our bigger shows we are stuck around 3-4th.. we are currently in a solid 4th overall right now.. our goal is 1st, but that may be out of our reach this year. If we can jump up to a top 3 placement we will be not as disappointed with our non-winning show.

What are your plans for next season (if your unit is participating in it)?
This is not public yet, but we plan on firing the entire staff and bringing in better people. We will continue this every year until we get a winning combination of staff and take first. Our show next year is confidential, but right now it looks like we will be performing a mime show. There will be lots of visuals and air playing. Since mimes do not make any sounds, neither will our drummers while they play. Trust me it is a show you do not want to miss!

Do you have anything else to say about your drumline?
If you wish to join our drumline, please feel free and come to one of our practices or auditions for next year. Current report cards or valid IQ test will be required to show your requirements to be a dummer, also a marching and playing audition. Other than that, The Drumming Dummers are having a blast this season and look forward to continued ass kickings (hopefully other drumlines).
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
TeamQuavers
gmbande94:

The name of my unit is GM Drums it is inspired by my high school General McLane or for short GM.

What’s the name of your show, and what was the inspiration behind coming up with it?
The name of the show this season is Frameworks based off the Cavaliers 2002 production. This is ment to be a revival to the classic show that won the highest score in DCI history.

This season I feel I'm doing very well I am in 10th place for High Score right now so I feel I am at a good spot with this season.

What are your plans for next season?
I haven't gotten together a show concept for next season yet but I am definitely looking into it
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
TeamQuavers
FreakoftheArts73:

What’s the name of your unit, and what inspired its name? Thunder. As a drum major last year, I led my band as they cadenced into the stadium where our football team's first ever state championship title would be secured. In the stadium halls, the echo made the bass drums sound like bustling eruptions of thunder.

What’s the name of your show, and what was the inspiration behind coming up with it? Shout! is the name of our program. It is also the name of my first and only attempted cadence, highlighting energy and intensity all throughout the cadence.

How do you think you did this season? I believe we are doing mighty strong and are well on our way to achieving our goal of......

What are your plans for next season (if your unit is participating in it)? ........becoming a Division I group next season!

The kids...they love what they do. They play with passion and drive and they strive at every rehearsal to become better than they ever were before. A director really truly couldn't ask for more.
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
TeamQuavers
nvandenbush:

The unit's name is "Nova Drumline." All of our performance groups at "Nebula Performance" wanted to be "out of this world," and Nova was no exception.

This year's show is OVERDRIVE, featuring "Ride" by Samuel Hazo. The inspiration behind the show comes from the will and discipline to become great. OVERDRIVE stands for the relentless time and effort put into performance, and "Ride's" upbeat and charging sounds represent the push towards excellence.

I'd say for their first season, Nova is doing amazing. It's hard to gain momentum for some newcomers, but Nova has found a way to rehearse that not only allows for fun, but results in a clean and enjoyable product.

The plans for next season is a push into Division I, though if we remain Div. II, then I would say a reasonable goal would be top 3.

Like our name, our drumline is obsessed with space and everything that goes with it. Just today, they made a cardboard spaceship in our percussion room and secured the front with a drum carrier. It shows they are ready to go places, and apparently at lightspeed.
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
TeamQuavers
flute88:

We are Southmore Hill Royal Drumline! Southmore Hill is the name of the high school we hail from, and the Royals are our school mascot. I think the Drumline bit is self-evident. It's not the most creative of names, but it's who we are!

Our show this year is "The Heist," inspired by watching one too many spy movies in the weeks before the season started. It's more about feel than technical difficulty, but there are definitely some very technical parts in the mallets. Luckily, we had some fantastic mallet players this year! The kids seem to be having a lot of fun with the show, so I'm glad we did it.

I've been extremely proud of my drumline. Despite missing a few full days of practice this year, we managed to hang on to the top five, and right now we're in second place! I'm hoping we'll come out in the top three - I suppose we'll see!

To keep our momentum and do just as well. Unfortunately, I'll be busier next season, but I think with hard work and strategy we can still keep near the top of the pack, even in the very competitive Division I.

I'm so proud of my kids and the work they've done. Keep an eye on us - we plan to be a force to be reckoned with!
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
TeamQuavers
There are still three of you who need to turn in your responses. Please message them to either me or Novak so we can get them up here as soon as possible. Thank you.
Member of :
CLASS
MBI
UNSP-G
UNSP-D
katkatastrophe
i love these! :]
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)