Login Create Account
DRUMS Celebrates Inaugural Success, Looks to Grow Further
cjbuckley1997
On Saturday, DRUMS celebrated a highly successful end to an exciting first season. Out of twenty member drumlines, six made finals in their respective divisions, and two units brought home medals, setting the bar high for future seasons

In Division 1, four groups competed in finals. Near the top, the Knights Drumline, with their show “Boo” with a Halloween theme, finished a hard-fought season in second place with a score of 97.540, less than three quarters of a point back from their 19th D1 world championship. Just outside of a medal placement in 4th place was the Robinson Secondary School Indoor Drum Line performing selections from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” with a score of 94.015. Back in 10th place were the Death Eaters of Alohomora Arts, performing their show “STOMP”. Their score was 85.165. Rounding out the units in Division 1 was Big Bang Theory, with their show entitled “Log Jam”, evoking images of lumberjacks in the woods. After beating out the 13th place group by just 0.025 points at semifinals, they finished 12th with a score of 83.175.

In Division 2, there were 2 drumlines from DRUMS competing. After a dominant season 46 in which they won the D3 Championship by almost 8 points, Windy City Indoor Percussion returned to finals in season 47, but this time in Division 2. With their show “Transparency”, they took home the bronze medal with a score of 78.100. Just in tow of them was the other group in D2 finals, Lithium Indoor and their show, “Cyclical.” After making D2 finals for the first time, they finished in 6th with a score of 75.725.

There were no groups in Division 3 that made finals, but as the league continues to grow and gain members, that result is sure to change.

Finally, DRUMS would like to announce that we are still searching for new drumlines, and hope to have quite a few more join us for season 48. With the success of this past season, we will be expanding the league schedule, and with your help, this upcoming season promises to be even more exciting than the last!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Penny
Can I join DRUMs please? It looks like you all have a very prestigious league!!!
cjbuckley1997
Yes! We would be thrilled to have you!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Penny
Yay!!! Can't wait to join!
cjbuckley1997
If you leave your current league I can invite you right now!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Penny
Iol oops! I thought I left that league a long time ago haha. I should be ok now
MrsRomo
What a great first season DRUMS had! I'm so excited to be a part of this league and look forward to many more successful seasons!!

Welcome to DRUMs penny! Hopefully we can get a few more lines to join us this season. We've got some great lines already but the more the merrier. ;) if you are looking for a new drumline league this is a great one to join!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
jordanrh
Thank you for the shout out! It's been great to work with DRUMS as a board member and I can't wait to have another great season for DRUMS!
Jordan Ramsey
Chicago Wind-CLASS Board of Directors
Windy City Indoor Percussion- DRUMS Board of Directors