Login Create Account
Looking Back
Stradivarius
Hi guys! I first started playing this game in season 9 in like week 2. My first show was Tuesday, June 14th, 2011. I was in 8th grade. I logged back in this morning because for some reason I was awake at 6 am and I had nothing else to do so I figured I check in to see what was going on with you people! Suddenly, I started to reminisce on my time here on FMA. I put a lot of effort into this game was I was younger lol. I remember when I would have my watch sitting on my face at night with the alarm set to go off every 4 hours back when the energy max was still 400. I remember when the this community was one one of the things I looked forward to most when logging in. There was no shade back then everyone was happy and it was all friendly competition (sadly that changed but whatever lol). I thought to myself, I kinda miss that. I went through high school with FMA. I legit went through all 4 years of high school with this community there at least two-thirds of the time.

Sadly FMA kinda moved out of my life. It didn't fit into my schedule anymore. I stopped really caring how I did because I knew what it took to win, and I knew that I could do it if I wanted to. I just didn't want to lol. I started not caring if I slept in instead of waking up at 6 AM to rehearse (oh wow look at the time xD). I was just happy with having this community to talk with. I miss those days. So much simpler then.

Now it has been about 4 1/2 years since I first started playing on FMA, I'm now going into my second semester of college. I am a completely different person from who I was when I first started playing. For those of you who were a part of my FMA experience, I thank you for making it a good one. I always imagined that the community I spoke with was sitting around a campfire every time I logged in.

I hope there is still a future for FMA and it doesn't just die out. I don't think I will ever compete again, but I will definitely log in from time to time just to check on the community. I love seeing what's been going on!

All in all, thanks for the time I've had here everyone. I never really did anything special while I was here other than a few lower division medals, but it didn't matter to me after a while. As long as I was right there with you guys competing.

Good luck and have fun guys!
12 years later
gcurrier
That's nice man and I hear you and agree completely. I can connect with so much you've said other than growing up. I was an old man when I started and I'm an older man now lol hopefully some day it will be what it once was...
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FastForward1
Hi Strad,

Good luck in college & let us know if you march a DCI Corps.
Perfect Explosion-1X Div I Drum Corps Champ
Perfect Explosion-1X Div I Band Champ
Perfect Explosion
Perfect Explosion
TromSaune
Oh Jake I still remember when we were at Drum Corps Practice and you literally told me about this for the first time ever! And I joined the week after you and we were the perfect rivals. Times were soooo much simpler back then haha its really sad but exciting to see how everything has changed! Im really glad I out of the blue logged on to see your last season on here if that is the case!