Login Create Account
DCPI winter season starting soon!
gcurrier
ok so with all of the issues, glitches and problems we have been having here--maybe now is a great a time as ever to join DCPI fantasy drum corps! The website is supported by Drum Corps Planet and doesnt have just one webmaster, so can be passed to the next available when there are issues.

Is it the same as here? not exactly, it uses real drum corps scores, but it also doesn't require the same level of engagement--you dont need to login every 6 hours to do well. I know some people prefer that, but for those who think its "harder" at DCPI--it simply isnt.

dont like one person having multiple groups, fine--your only allowed to have one corps in each division there.

Don't like that a newbie cant come in and win it all here, fine--there is no season to season or veteran advantage there.

want another chance to beat me? I am the defending champion in World and Open Class, so I welcome the fight!

We would love to have everyone move over to DCPI as well! If you have questions or need assistance, let me know--websites attached, both the forums and the DCPI site itself.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/forum/63-dcp-fantasy-drum-corps-league/

http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/

Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
KnightSymonds2
Pride of Peachtree is proud to announce that we are running an FMA-DCPI split schedule.
<EDIT>
Wrong account, oops.
-B ACCOUNT FOR ECHSTRUMPET8-
ChrisRohn
I'll vouch for DCPI. It's a lot of fun and you'll do well with the right spreadsheets. ;)

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
gcurrier3
The funny thing is the spreadsheet master (Kevin) now runs it instead of competing. So less use of them now. I use one to track scores but I don't use any fancy formula or anything. Spreadsheets only get you so far in a live season too, need to use some intuition and gut feeling too.
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
cjbuckley1997
How does the scoring actually work though? It seems confusing to me
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier3
So you get points to use and you use them for a caption. So for example, blue devils 2015 is worth 25 pts because they won. Say you use them for brass, you spend 25 of your points to get them. Whatever they score for brass through the season is what your corps gets for brass. You spend 24 points for crown for getting ge visual, whatever they score in actual shows for ge visual you get for your corps.

In off season we still use real previous scores from the corps you picked at approximately the same time in the season ending with finals. So your score in a caption will line up with what that corps got for that caption in that season.
ChrisRohn
This is what is so great about off season - you know what you're getting ahead of time. Since scores fluctuate throughout the season it is a challenge to pick and adjust your captions for maximum wins across the season - many times you wind up having an amazing week to totally blow it the next while you adjust your captions for finals. It's a lot of fun.

Then during the live season you are using actual scores as they are awarded so the results can get a bit wilder.

DCPI is much more about strategy than button pushing. You can make it as time consuming as you want - you can set it and forget it and still watch your corps improve and compete, or you can make weekly adjustments to your captions and feel the effects of those decisions.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
gcurrier3
I do agree--I have found masterful changes that I thought for sure would let me win a title only to have that corps or that caption fall apart in finals week! even the big guys can suddenly ruin your life--aka Cadets dropped a few categories this season
cjbuckley1997
Finally decided to give this a shot
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS