Login Create Account
Creating Comptitions Timeline
bando
Could it be possible to make it so you can schedule a competition 5 weeks before it happens? So then people who schedule during week 1 can get the same number of ticket sales and audience? I think it would keep people from just making their competition in week 5. So in Week 2 of season 2, someone could schedule their competition for season 3 in week 1. Or something like that. But you wouldn't be able to go any farther ahead.

Thoughts?
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
rtloveless
Eh, I don't think I enjoy that that much. I mean, most people don't know the schedule of the following season 'till the "preason" Is going to start. Such as when people start to audition. I personally think it is more realistic this way anyway. If you want more ticket sales, host at the end of the season, more people want to go see groups towards the end of the season when the show is pretty much down pact, in real life anyway. When I was in marching, the first competition or two had like nobody there, towards the end there were sellouts.
Ryan T. Loveless
bando
I'm not too familiar with drum corps schedules and what not. I know my high school knew their marching band schedule about a half-year in advance.
Founder of the IIEA

Prof
Yes bando, it makes sense in the real world but I don't think it's possible here. Yes, this does create some problems with the combines but I'm thinking by rotating weeks we host each season it will work out. This next season will be full of kinks that need to be worked out.
bando
Hopefully. =D
Founder of the IIEA

Alex
 -infinity
Your ticket sales are not based on how far away your event is. An event 10 days away will have the same attendance as an event 20 days away assuming equal influence and ticket prices. I don't want there to be an incentive to hold your competition as late as possible, so all events are equal.
Prof
Thanks for clearing that up !!!
bando
Ok. Does that mean that players have 10 days before competitions start to actually schedule for next season then? (I guess if it starts during prelims, that makes 10 days). That does clear a lot up.
Founder of the IIEA

rtloveless
Hahaha bando. No, what he is saying is it doesn't matter how far away your schedule your event.

Sales is all driven on influence and ticket prices, not "pre-registering". So say you had an event, assuming all influences of all participating groups stays the same, scheduled at the beginning of the season. And then there's another competition at the end of the season. Assuming ticket prices are the same, and influence do not change at all during the season, the sales are going to be identical. And Inlfuence can all be increased in one of 3 ways: Campaigns, Director Level, and doing well (top 3) in the competitions.
Ryan T. Loveless
Prof
Well, up for a 4 am visual practice.

Wondering how many days you do need to attract and audiance ?
bando
I'm extremely confused. So how long exactly does an event gain audience members?

EDIT: This thread doesn't really have much of a use for me since the combines, so, nevermind.
Founder of the IIEA