Login Create Account
How much does the music cost for Marching Band?
Dannyboy35
How much is it usually for marching show music. I was looking at a show today and just the music is $1500. Is that normal or is that above average? Thanks for your help!
cjbuckley1997
I know that the company my school has bought 4 of the last 5 shows from runs about $2000 a show, so I think that would be normal.
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Dannyboy35
Does that include drill also or is it just the music?
cjbuckley1997
Just music, we have a different guy write our drill but idk how much that runs
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Blaski45
I write music, drill, and percussion for marching bands and I charge about $1500 for music and percussion and about $1200-$2000 for drill depending on how skilled the band is.
Colts 2011 - Baritone :: Minnesota Brass 2013 - Bass 4
CymbalismR3
Most shows seem to cost between 1000-2500$, though open and world class shows cost a lot more. Drill is a separate thing, though our drill writer is also our Vis. Caption Head, so we don't pay as much. Our A-Class indoor percussion show my freshman year cost 1200$ if my memory serves me correctly.
<< CYMBALISM R]|[ >>
Stormwind Drum & Bugle Corps
CARDIAK Drumline
[Insert Name Here] of Color Guardness
Borrego Golden Sun Regiment
cire
That sounds about right. This is why small bands, or schools with limited funding will go with repeated music, or old royalty free music - or really cheap crappy songs.

Some groups it is cheaper to write their own music too. But yeah, licensing is expensive.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"