Login Create Account
Challenge for the PEARL: DRUMS vs. PERC
Kiwidrummer
STRAD!!! CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE. It messes up on mobile phones etc. NOT COOL. Actually, quite annoying scrolling forever to find the end!

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Stradivarius
Sounds like simplicity is the right route to get this started. We can probably do our own stats and stuff later on and do cool things with other stats like win streaks through the spreadsheets. I like the direction this is taking though.

Edit: I gotchu xD
12 years later
cjbuckley1997
Alright, so I'll make it that last day of week 4 to start for this season. 30 groups, waiting period until Friday for just DRUMS and PERC groups. This is gonna be great!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Event is up for March 19th!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Already up to 5 DRUMS groups, but only 3 PERC groups, with a waiting list of 6. Not going to accept any more DRUMS until we get some more PERC, just to keep it even.

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
We have 9 DRUMS groups applied so far, but only 5 PERC, so to keep it even we need more PERC here

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Up to 8 DRUMS confirmed vs 7 PERC confirmed. There's 2 DRUMS groups waiting to be paired up so if we get more PERC groups that would be amazing

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
I'm actually gonna start opening it up to non DRUMS or PERC groups within the next day or so, I haven't gotten many applications lately. It's currently 9 on 9, but it would be nice to get a couple more groups, there's actually now a PERC group on the waiting list, so if we get another DRUMS group it would be even again

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Penny
I just applied so that may help with your drums groups
cjbuckley1997
With that, it is now an even 10 vs 10. I'll give it about 48 hours, so around 7:30 on Wednesday I'll open it up for all groups. Until then, let's get it up to more DRUMS and PERC groups!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Alright so we're up to 11 on 11, but there's still one DRUMS group on the waiting list. I'm gonna open it up to independent groups at 7:30 tonight, so if there's any more groups who wanna be a part of the competition feel free to apply before then

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Kiwidrummer
Come on guys. We need one more PERC line to step up. Do we have a few from other leagues?

Jim Helsel
cjbuckley1997
Yeah, there were a bunch of BEAT lines among others, additionally there were also more DRUMS and PERC lines who became unavailable before I could accept them, I was paranoid about not being able to match lines up

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Alright so there's 27 groups in the show after accepting the independent waiting list, but there's still one DRUMS group waiting to be matched up

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
So the lineup is set! 12 DRUMS groups, 12 PERC groups, and 6 independents

In DRUMS: Ares, Avery Drumline, Big Bang Theory, Cranberry Drumline, Death Eaters, Explorers, Hexstatic, Impact Percussion, LBC Percussion, Lithium Indoor, Norman North Drumline, and The Conservatoire Kingsmen Percussion

In PERC: Aria Drums, Black Beat NZ, Classmen Indoor Percussion, HVA Drumline, Lightning Percussion, Nightmare, Pulse Percussion, Renegade Percussion, Rocks and Rolls, Swiggity Swooty Drums of the Booty, Wolf Pack, and XYZ-IW

And finally the independents: Drums forever, Eagle Battery, Excelsior Drums, Father Ryan Virtual Drumline, Ramance Drumline, and Tonka Drumline

Divisions will be set tomorrow and I'll post the Division matchups! Can't wait for this first ever event!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Scores are in! After this first Challenge for the PEARL, the winner, by a final score of 115 to 107, is...........DRUMS! Despite strong showings be PERC in Divisions 1 and 2, a dominant performance in Division 3 seals the deal for DRUMS! Congratulations to all groups who participated, and we hope to see you next season, to see if DRUMS can defend the PEARL trophy, or can PERC even the score!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Kiwidrummer
This competition will resume for season 52. The official event will always be named Challenge for the PEARL: PERC vs DRUMS, and will be held on Saturday week 4, last Saturday before finals. Must host 25-30 lines, with equal distribution among PERC and DRUMS lines. Other leagues may be entered, but are not eligible for The PEARL.We need a PEARL or DRUMS line to host next season. Any volunteers?

Jim Helsel
alxmm98
Id be happy to host if noone wants to
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Kiwidrummer
OK, sounds good to me. DRUMS hosted the last one, so it is up for a PERC line. If no one else wants by end of finals, it's yours next season

Jim Helsel
cjbuckley1997
Hey glad to have this back!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS