Login Create Account
Penultimate Week Spotlight: Invictus Drum and Bugle Corps
RedEastMovement
I've noticed that a while the season is coming to its closing weeks, we as a community have become so preoccupied on our rehearsals that we don't take time anymore to talk about our individual corps. Since I'm finally on spring break, I thought it would be a good time for me to do just that!

Invictus Drum and Bugle Corps has had a truly amazing season considering their long hiatus between S44 and this special 50th season of FMA. With their ability to place on the podium at 50%, in comparison to the 29% podium rate in S44, they have improved, not worsened over the hiatus, it seems! When asked about what was their favorite movement of the entire show this season, trumpet section leader Dan Marino replied, "While I hate the fact that the staff is constantly pushing the limits of what a marcher can do at 250 BPM with the closer, I love the fact that when we belt out our high C at the very end that it never fails to get the entire stadium up on its feet. We only had two rookies this season faint in the middle of rehearsal and seven veterans losing their spaghetti dinners during evening block. I guess you can call that an improvement, right?"

Taking Mr. Marino's quote in mind, music still is, and will be undoubtedly the most important aspect that Invictus will be focusing their rehearsals in the coming days. From the start, the staff had understood that it would be a massive shock if the corps, traditionally strong in regards to their musical performance, undertook a show that would instead focus on their weakness: the execution of visuals. While the corps' show does feature some unforgettable visuals such as the sunburst formation used to represent Undertale's chief antagonist Flowey, its the music that has made all the difference.

Head Drum Major Maria Vargas also commented, "In regards to our fellow CLASS members, we would definitely love to represent our league in the upcoming D2 finals and place as high as possible. To do that, I would have to say that we might bruise some egos, particularly that of Starlight and N3MESIS, but hey, its all in good competition, si?"

Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
gcurrier3
I think all 3 corps along with White Star will be right in the D2 finals which will be great for CLASS! we are not historically known outside of Division 1 but many have the times been changing in regards to that!!! Our strength knows no division bounds!

Thanks for putting on such a great and competitive show!
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
RedEastMovement
Thank you too, friend.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS